Bankrate Unveils New Tips and Tools for 2011 Tax Season
Bankrate's 2011 Tax Guide features tax calculators and stories on all the important rates and deductions for consumers' tax filings
NEW YORK, Jan. 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Now that the New Year is here and tax season is quickly approaching, Bankrate Inc. has released its 2011 Tax Guide, filled with resources to help consumers file their taxes with ease. From tax calculators to new downloadable tax forms, Bankrate's 2011 Tax Guide provides consumers with the necessary tools and research to make informed tax decisions. The overview of the 2011 Tax Guide can be viewed at: http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/2011-tax-guide-table-of-contents.aspx .
Here's a peek at the 2011 Tax Guide:
- Filing and refunds: Get it done right the first time with advice on free filing, e-filing, documentation and refunds. Most of the tax forms you'll need are available straight from the Bankrate website;
- 2010 and 2011 tax rates and deductions: Find out all the important information, from your income tax bracket to guidance on claiming deductions for your donations;
- Real estate and capital gains: Know what to expect from your big investments and discover surprising ways you may be able to lower your tax bill;
- Estate tax amount: Read about the changes to estate tax law and the new gift tax provisions;
- Investments: Learn the IRA terms you need to know, and how to use your capital losses to cut taxes;
- On the job: Make use of all the job-related tax breaks available to you;
- State taxes: Find out which states don't levy income tax or sales tax. Bankrate will unveil its state tax map with all the state tax rates in early February;
- Calculators: Bankrate offers 12 calculators for the 2011 tax season to help make your tax preparations easier than ever.
"The tax filing process can be a daunting one for many Americans," said Julie Bandy , editor in chief at Bankrate.com. "Bankrate.com's annual Tax Guide tackles this complicated topic in a simple, easy-to-understand and direct manner. It's a one-stop spot for all your tax questions. We offer consumers the tools and information they need to make filing taxes less complicated while making sure they are getting all the benefits they can."
About Bankrate, Inc.
The Bankrate network of companies includes Bankrate.com, Interest.com, Mortgage-calc.com, Nationwide Card Services, Fee Disclosure, InsureMe CreditCardGuide.com and Bankaholic. Each of these businesses helps consumers to make informed decisions about their personal finance matters. The company's flagship brand, Bankrate.com is a destination site of personal finance channels, including banking, investing, taxes, debt management and college finance. Bankrate.com is the leading aggregator of rates and other information on more than 300 financial products, including mortgages, credit cards, new and used auto loans, money market accounts and CDs, checking and ATM fees, home equity loans and online banking fees. Bankrate.com reviews more than 4,800 financial institutions in 575 markets in 50 states. Bankrate.com provides financial applications and information to a network of more than 75 partners, including Yahoo! (Nasdaq: YHOO), America Online (NYSE: TWX), The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times (NYSE: NYT). Bankrate.com's information is also distributed through more than 500 newspapers. Bankrate, Inc. was acquired by Apax Partners, one of the world's leading private equity investment group, in September 2009. Apax operates across the United States, Europe and Asia and has more than 30 years of investing experience. For more information on Apax, visit: www.Apax.com.
For more information contact:
Corporate Communications Advisor
NOTE TO EDITORS: The information contained in this release is available for print or broadcast with attribution to Bankrate.com
SOURCE Bankrate, Inc.
More by this Source
High Gas Prices Hurt Economy More Than Lower Gas Prices Help
May 20, 2013, 08:00 ET
Bankrate: Mortgage Rates Climb for Second Straight Week
May 16, 2013, 07:30 ET
Bankrate: Mortgage Rates Rebound After Better Jobs Report
May 09, 2013, 07:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.