NEW YORK, Feb. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This BCC Research report looks at current and future markets, and analyzes technological, demographic and economic developments that may have a long-term impact on the size and structure of the bariatric surgery market for services and devices. Market projections provided through 2020.
The global market for bariatric surgery devices was worth more than $1.2 billion in 2014. The market reached $1.4 billion in 2015 and a projected $2.2 billion by 2020, increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.8% from 2015 through 2020.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global market for services and devices used in the bariatric surgery sector.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020.
- Discussion on types of obesity, etiology and pathophysiology, risk factors, economic burden, epidemiology, and obesity treatment and management.
- An examination of the types and the criteria for bariatric surgeries, along with common complications and the average cost associated with post-surgical complications.
- A historical perspective on and the current scenario for bariatric surgery procedure.
- An evaluation of the current clinical challenges, unmet needs, and future outlook.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
This report is an analytical business tool with the primary purpose of describing the bariatric surgery and the global market for services and devices. The format of the study is organized around the following topics.
- Detailed study around diseases like obesity and diabetes.
- Major types of bariatric procedures (gastric bypass, gastric banding and sleeve gastrectomy), complications and relevant devices (e.g., implanted devices, gastric removal devices and gastric bypass devices).
- Procedure trends and cost estimates (one-time procedure cost excluding follow-up outpatient monitoring cost).
- Regulatory structure.
- Market characterization, unmet need, market size and segmentation, including historical data on sales by application, product type, end-user group and geographical market.
- Market drivers and restraints.
- Detailed market projections through 2020.
- Competition and market shares.
- Marketed and pipeline (R&D) products along with description, regulatory status and clinical trials.
- Observations and conclusions regarding the future of bariatric surgery market for services and devices.
- Profiles of market participants and associations.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p01923024-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001