BBVA Compass adds three new members to its Dallas advisory board
- Executives will join 16 other advisory board members
- Leaders' expertise will support local business development efforts
- New board members are active in the community
HOUSTON, Aug. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- BBVA Compass has added three new members to its Dallas advisory board to support the bank's business development activities in the market.
"We are excited to continue to grow our Dallas advisory board, which now boasts 19 local leaders," said Key Coker, BBVA Compass Dallas market president. "These executives bring to our board significant expertise in a broad range of industries, and community knowledge that will be valuable as we continue to expand."
New advisory board members:
- Wanda Granier is CEO and majority owner of BridgeWork Partners, a Dallas-based human resources recruiting firm. She also serves as the chairman of the board for the Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Granier was given the 2014 Minority Business Leader Award by the Dallas Business Journal for her work promoting the development of minority businesses. She is a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin and attended the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College.
- Hattie Hill is a global leadership development expert and president & CEO of the Women's Foodservice Forum, the nation's largest professional organization focused on advancing women leaders in the food service industry. For more than 30 years, Hill and her team have provided leadership development for senior executives at Fortune 500 companies globally. She earned her bachelor's and master's degrees at Arkansas State University.
- Bill Vanderstraaten is the co-founder of Chief Partners LP, a commercial real estate investment company based in Dallas. Vanderstraaten was a Fund 1 partner at Thackeray Partners, a real estate private equity firm, with prior experience including the management of the Dallas office of CarrAmerica Realty Corp. Vanderstraaten has a bachelor's degree from Southern Methodist University.
About BBVA Group
BBVA Compass is a subsidiary of BBVA Compass Bancshares Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of BBVA (NYSE: BBVA) (MAD: BBVA). BBVA is a customer-centric global financial services group founded in 1857. The Group has a solid position in Spain, is the largest financial institution in Mexico and has leading franchises in South America and the Sunbelt region of the United States. Its diversified business is geared toward high-growth markets and relies on technology as a key sustainable competitive advantage. Corporate responsibility is at the core of its business model. BBVA fosters financial education and inclusion, and supports scientific research and culture. It operates with the highest integrity, a long-term vision and applies the best practices. The Group is present in the main sustainability indexes. More information about the BBVA Group can be found at www.bbva.com.
About BBVA Compass
BBVA Compass is a Sunbelt-based financial institution that operates 673 branches, including 342 in Texas, 89 in Alabama, 77 in Arizona, 62 in California, 45 in Florida, 38 in Colorado and 20 in New Mexico. BBVA Compass ranks among the top 25 largest U.S. commercial banks based on deposit market share and ranks among the largest banks in Alabama (2nd), Texas (4th) and Arizona (5th). BBVA Compass has been recognized as one of the leading small business lenders by the Small Business Administration and recently earned the top ranking with customers in American Banker's 2014 annual reputation survey of the top 25 largest U.S. retail banks. Additional information about BBVA Compass can be found at www.bbvacompass.com, by following @BBVACompassNews on Twitter or visiting newsroom.bbvacompass.com.
BBVA Compass is a trade name of Compass Bank, Member FDIC.
SOURCE BBVA Compass