Be Prepared For October 1: Bloomberg BNA Webinar Provides Guidance on Upcoming Health Exchanges
Joel S. Ario, Former Director of the Office of Health Insurance Exchanges at HHS, now Managing Director, Manatt Health Solutions, and Melinda J. Dutton, Partner, Healthcare Industry, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, will join Bloomberg BNA Editors in a 90-Minute Program
ARLINGTON, Va., Sept. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On Thursday, September 19 at 1:00 p.m. ET, Bloomberg BNA will present What to Expect from Exchanges: How One-Stop Shopping Will Shape the Future of Health Care. The complimentary, 90-minute, live webinar will address the evolving insurance exchange landscape as the October 1 enrollment date nears, as well as potential options, obligations, and opportunities in this new market for insurers, drug manufacturers, and employers.
Moderated by Bloomberg BNA health law editors Scott Falk and Lisa Rockelli, the program will feature speakers Joel S. Ario, Managing Director, Manatt Health Solutions and formerly Director of the Office of Health Insurance Exchanges at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and Melinda J. Dutton, Partner, Healthcare Industry, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP.
Topics will include:
- The insurance exchange marketplace, its regulations, and requirements — as well as the responsibilities of participants.
- The models that states are implementing and the range of potential approaches.
- The roles the insurance exchanges will play in the health care system across key functions, from providing access to affordability programs and managing funds, to monitoring QHP performance and assisting consumers.
- The latest information on certification and enforcement issues.
- How insurance exchanges will interact with other entities, including Medicaid and state insurance departments — as well as how public exchanges may relate, both competitively and cooperatively, with private exchanges.
The complimentary webinar, which is CLE credit-eligible, is being offered by Bloomberg BNA's Health Law Resource Center™, which helps professionals manage the complex compliance and implementation requirements of the Affordable Care Act. To waive the fee, participants must enter Promotion Code LGAUSFC3 at checkout upon registration.
"We are excited to build upon our reputation as a leader in providing timely guidance for complex health compliance and regulatory initiatives with this webinar," said Scott Falk, Executive Editor for Bloomberg BNA's Legal & Business health law division. "With this webinar, we are helping to bring answers to many of the questions professionals have related to the new marketplaces and how they will be managed day-to-day once enrollment starts."
About Bloomberg BNA
Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA's authoritative coverage spans the full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & data security, human resources, and environment, health & safety. www.bna.com
SOURCE Bloomberg BNA