Beauty.com Gets a Makeover
The 12-year-old prestige beauty e-tailer introduces improved site functionality and expanded editorial content.
BELLEVUE, Wash., Aug. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Beauty.com, Inc., debuts a new look for fall 2012. The Beauty.com® site, which offers more than 18,000 high-end beauty products and an edited assortment of accessories, has rolled out a variety of new features to improve the shopping experience of both new and existing customers including:
- Drop-down navigation to assist in sorting through categories faster
- The ability to refine within categories by color, concern, benefit, and formula when searching for specific products
- Exclusive editorial content including new videos, how-to demonstrations, and articles on seasonal trends
- A new blog called Beauty Close Up ™, hosted by newly named Beauty-Director-at-Large Romy Soleimani highlighting product favorites, and tips and tricks of the renowned NY makeup artist
- Improved customer service with a 30-day return policy on most items*
"We have been adding new content to the site since the last Beauty.com redesign in 2007, but we were due for some overall improvements," says President of Beauty.com, Kathleen McNeill. "We have been very diligent in exploring opportunities to fine-tune our customer experience by prominently highlighting our diverse assortment of brands, but we also continue to focus on giving more context around the use of products for our consumers without making the site busy or overwhelming."
The site's Advice & Trends tab will be the destination to the majority of exclusive and instructive content. The popular Guest Editor series adds selections by two of the founders of the popular TheBeautyDepartment.com. The new Beauty Solutions page offers up targeted recommendations for specific hair, makeup and skin care concerns. The extended Beauty.com team offers individual lists of fall favorites on the Staff Picks page. Finally, the trends tab hosts step-by-step explanation of the hair and makeup trends shown in the model images shown on the Beauty.com homepage.
The Body Shop®, Elemental Herbology, Kneipp®, Jose Eber®, Marula Oil, Sarah Potempa, Kelly Van Gogh®, Vanessa Mooney and Janna Connor are among the new lines customers may purchase on the Beauty.com site, bringing the total number of brands sold on the site to more than 375.
As always, customers can still enjoy Beauty Perks like "Everyday Free Shipping," 5% back on every purchase with drugstore.com dollars™**, the free sampling center, and a shared online shopping cart with Beauty.com partner site, www.drugstore.com.
* All Beauty.com purchases are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with an item you have purchased from Beauty.com, you may return it within 30 days of the date it was delivered and receive a refund or in-store credit. Certain items, such as jewelry, purses, and intimate apparel, can only be returned for refund or credit if unworn, are in original packaging and have any original tags still attached.
**Free standard shipping is available only on purchases of $25 or more, and does not apply to gift certificates, magazine subscriptions, bulk orders, or orders over 20 pounds. With drugstore.com dollars, customers receive a credit to their account equal to 5% of any eligible purchase. Customers cannot earn or apply drugstore.com dollars to prescription medications, gift certificates, gift cards, discounts, free items, past purchase, or non-shipped, undeliverable or returned items. drugstore.com dollars cannot be redeemed for cash. These offers are not available on our partner sites such as Walgreens.com and Vision Direct.com.
About Beauty.com® – The World of Beauty Online® Beauty.com, Inc. is a leading online destination for prestige beauty products. The web store provides a highly personalized shopping experience and offers more than 380 brands from widely recognized to niche, hard-to-find products.
drugstore.com, inc. is a leading online provider of health, beauty, and vision products. Shop a great assortment of more than 60,000 items ranging from everyday basics to hard-to-find favorites. With competitive prices, unique categories and free shipping for $25 or more all in one convenient location, the drugstore.com site is truly the uncommon drugstore®.
More by this Source
Beauty.com Debuts the Daryl K Overnight Kitty Tote as Gift with Purchase
Jan 16, 2014, 09:01 ET
Beauty.com Introduces the Peeper Case as Gift with Purchase This Holiday Season
Nov 19, 2013, 09:01 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.