RESTON, Va., April 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- According to the World Bank's Global Infrastructure Facility, the unmet demand for infrastructure around the world is estimated to be above $1 trillion per year. Meeting the financing need for bankable and sustainable projects is a priority, for both governments and the private sector.
Bechtel's Andrew Patterson, region president, Africa, and notable industry experts, will discuss how to address these challenges during a panel session entitled, "Investing in Sustainable Infrastructure," on Wednesday, April 13th, from 2:00-3:30 p.m. EST at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), in Washington, DC. Patterson will specifically address what is needed to make projects bankable in Africa, the added value of the international finance institutions and other key stakeholders, and of the types of infrastructure models that are right for driving long-term growth and development in Africa.
Other participants include:
- John Graham, principal investment officer, Infrastructure and Energy Division, Inter-American Investment Corporation
- John Moran, vice president, Insurance, Overseas Private Investment Corporation
- Mini Roy, managing director, head of Public Sector and Development Organizations, Americas, Standard Chartered Bank
- Daniel F. Runde, Director, CSIS Project on Prosperity and Development, will moderate the session
"Many African governments face financing constraints and budgetary restrictions," said Patterson. "Funding from private and public financial institutions is critical to advance infrastructure projects and promote sustainable development in the region."
Follow the conversation about the importance of sustainable infrastructure on Twitter during the event Wednesday with the hashtag #Build100.
Watch Related Videos
- Bechtel regional president, Africa, discusses rethinking bankability for African infrastructure projects
- Bechtel regional president, Africa, discusses Bechtel sustainable infrastructure solutions for the region.
- Bechtel regional president, Africa, provides insight on what makes a good project selection.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 55,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in 40 countries. www.bechtel.com
t. +1 571 392 3886
c. +1 240 344 3804
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bechtel-among-experts-speaking-on-investing-in-sustainable-infrastructure-300249570.html