BedandBreakfast.com Survey Shows Despite Concerns About Recession, Travelers Plan Summer Travel but $4/Gallon Is Pain Point
"With gas prices reaching a 2009 high of
The BedandBreakfast.com second quarter survey was distributed to more than 41,000 BedandBreakfast.com subscribers in
- 70.5% say they'll take 2-4 trips this summer.
- 78.6% say they'll take as many or more trips this summer as last.
- Respondents are evenly tied between "staycations" and "go-cations," marking a significant change since the BedandBreakfast.com Q1 survey, when 75% said they'd stay closer to home.
- 51.2% said they would spend less each day, while 43.4% said they would vacation for fewer days due to recession factors.
- 76% said good deals on lodging would encourage more travel, while nearly 50% said that the simple need to get away was the biggest motivator for travel.
- Relaxation was most popular anticipated activity for upcoming vacations (65%).
With packages dubbed "Tanks for Traveling," BedandBreakfast.com members are putting money where surveys show guests need it -- into their gas tanks, their stomachs, and back into their wallets. For a complete list of B&Bs who've created more than 125 "Tanks for Traveling" money-saving deals, go to http://www.BedandBreakfast.com and click the fuel gauge graphic.
Additionally, travelers can enjoy a
To learn about over 7,500 other perfect choices for B&B getaways, visit BedandBreakfast.com, the leading online bed and breakfast directory and reservation network worldwide. A variety of search functions and extensive maps enable inngoers to find the perfect B&B. Travelers can make reservations online, purchase The Getaway Gift Card, read trip reports on The BedandBreakfast.com Blog, read and write independent reviews, and post questions on expert-hosted message boards.
Find an expanded version of this release at http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/about/pressRoom.aspx.
CONTACT: Marti Mayne, 207-846-6331, Marti.Mayne@bedandbreakfast.com Sandy Soule, 512-322-2706, email@example.com
This release was issued through eReleases(TM). For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.