"With gas prices reaching a 2009 high of
The BedandBreakfast.com second quarter survey was distributed to more than 41,000 BedandBreakfast.com subscribers in
- 70.5% say they'll take 2-4 trips this summer.
- 78.6% say they'll take as many or more trips this summer as last.
- Respondents are evenly tied between "staycations" and "go-cations," marking a significant change since the BedandBreakfast.com Q1 survey, when 75% said they'd stay closer to home.
- 51.2% said they would spend less each day, while 43.4% said they would vacation for fewer days due to recession factors.
- 76% said good deals on lodging would encourage more travel, while nearly 50% said that the simple need to get away was the biggest motivator for travel.
- Relaxation was most popular anticipated activity for upcoming vacations (65%).
With packages dubbed "Tanks for Traveling," BedandBreakfast.com members are putting money where surveys show guests need it -- into their gas tanks, their stomachs, and back into their wallets. For a complete list of B&Bs who've created more than 125 "Tanks for Traveling" money-saving deals, go to http://www.BedandBreakfast.com and click the fuel gauge graphic.
Additionally, travelers can enjoy a
To learn about over 7,500 other perfect choices for B&B getaways, visit BedandBreakfast.com, the leading online bed and breakfast directory and reservation network worldwide. A variety of search functions and extensive maps enable inngoers to find the perfect B&B. Travelers can make reservations online, purchase The Getaway Gift Card, read trip reports on The BedandBreakfast.com Blog, read and write independent reviews, and post questions on expert-hosted message boards.
Find an expanded version of this release at http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/about/pressRoom.aspx.
CONTACT: Marti Mayne, 207-846-6331, Marti.Mayne@bedandbreakfast.com Sandy Soule, 512-322-2706, firstname.lastname@example.org
This release was issued through eReleases(TM). For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.