Bill Esping Lawsuit and Fraud Support Initiative - An In-Depth Organization Profile All About the Bill Esping Lawsuit and Fraud Support Initiative
DALLAS, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- In the summer of 2012, William "Bill" Esping launched the Bill Esping Lawsuit and Fraud Support Initiative. The Bill Esping Lawsuit and Fraud Support Inititative, or BillEspingLFSI.org, gives grants to organizations that provide legal assistance to low income people in need of civil legal support and legal education. BillEspingLFSI will be a platform to provide funding and awareness of legal aid issues for high-need groups in Dallas, Texas and nationwide.
With federal budgetary pressure, Legal Aid programs have received less funding. According to the federal Legal Services Corporation, funding cuts to organizations that provide legal assistance to the low income Americans will have resulted in 750 fewer employees in these organizations, including 350 attorneys.
William "Bill" Esping notes, "A just legal system functions well not just for those who have means, but for those who don't. We are going to support organizations that help ensure equal representation and legal education for all Americans."
The Bill Esping Lawsuit and Fraud Support Initiative helps programs that provide the following services:
- Family law – assisting victims of domestic violence, helping parents keep custody of their children, helping family members gain guardianship of children, and providing assistance on other family law matters.
- Housing and Foreclosure assistance – helping residents understand their rights in landlord fraud, landlord-tenant lawsuits, helping homeowners prevent foreclosures, assisting renters with eviction notices, and helping people maintain federal housing subsidies.
- Consumer Issues – Helping protect the elderly in cases of elder fraud, assisting consumers in consumer fraud cases and identity theft, helping people file for bankruptcy when appropriate and manage their debts.
- Income Maintenance – Helping working Americans who were promised compensation from private employers, or in cases of employment fraud lawsuits.
William "Bill" Esping also noted, "The fact is, there is an overwhelming demand for civil legal services. The LSC Justice Gap Report shows that for every low-income person that was able to gain legal assistance, one eligible applicant was turned away for lack of adequate resources. This is an underemphasized gap in our system of justice and public welfare."
The Bill Esping Lawsuit and Fraud Support Initiative does not provide help or legal assistance to individuals, but has instead identified organizations of long and notable pedigree that provide great benefit to their communities. Through BELFSI, Bill Esping is able to personally support these programs, and eventually plans to provide a platform for others to do so.
Some Facts About the Growing Justice Gap
- Nationally, low income households experience one civil legal need per year.
- Only a small portion of these results in actual legal help of any type.
- Over 1,000,000 people are unable to find or afford the legal help they need each year.
- The top reasons for not gaining help include:
- Lack of understanding that the problem has a legal dimension and potential solution
- Low awareness of legal aid for civil matters
- The ratio of legal aid attorneys to the US povery population is 1:6,861.
- The federal contribution to legal aid programs has fallen by over 50% in real dollars since 1981, from $687 million to $330 million.
- Private foundations and state governments have picked up the slack, increasing contributions by over three and a half times during that period.
About William "Bill" Esping
William "Bill" Esping is a Dallas entrepreneur and investor. As cofounder and leader of EFO Holdings, L.P., he oversees assets in excess of $300 million. He is also founding partner of BlastOff Ventures, a Dallas based business incubator. He lives in Dallas, Texas with his wife, Heather Esping , and is very involved in charitable initiatives through the Esping Family Foundation and the PMC Esping Foundation.
The Bill Esping Lawsuit and Fraud Support Initiative was formed out of William "Bill" Esping's desire to make a difference, and inspired by his father's philosophy. Helping those without adequate access to legal help and counsel is just one of the many ways he and his family have given back to the community. Click to learn more about the Bill Esping Lawsuit and Fraud Support Initiative.Media Contact:
Bill Esping Lawsuit and Fraud Support Initiative Bill Esping Lawsuit and Fraud Support Initiative, 2142679190, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Bill Esping Lawsuit and Fraud Support Initiative
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.