SAN FRANCISCO, March 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Global biodetectors and accessories market is expected to reach USD 14.9 billion by 2022, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing prevalence of airborne and contact diseases such as anthrax, corona virus, and plague is a high impact rendering driver of biodetectors and accessories market.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO),plague is a severe air-borne disease with case fatality ratio of 30%-60% and there were 783 cases reported globally in 2013. Moreover, continuous deterioration of environmental conditions as a consequence of increasing pollution is anticipated to induce demand for biodetectors and accessories market.
Furthermore, the advent of technologically-advanced products such as microfluidics-based detectors, micro arrays, PCR, and electrochemiluminescence-based devices is anticipated to propel demand for biodetectors in a wide range of applications, thereby fueling growth of overall market over the forecast period. For instance, in November 2015, Smiths Detection launched TRACE-PRO, probe-based non-radioactive explosives detector.
This product exhibited enhanced speed and increased efficiency of the sample screening. The aforementioned factors are expected to serve as key contributing factors towards growth of biodetectors and accessories market over the forecast period.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Biodetectors And Accessories Market Analysis by Product (Systems, Tags), and Segment Forecasts To 2022" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/biodetectors-accessories-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- In 2014, instruments dominated the product segment, accounting for a revenue share of over 35.0%, owing to its incorporation in a wide range of applications such as biohazard detection, pharmaceutical research, and forensic sciences
- The clinical applications market held a substantial share constituting of over 44.0% of the overall revenue owing to rising incorporation of biodetector kits & reagents in DNA analysis, human cell identification, laboratory-based pathogen testing, and toxin detection and identification.
- Point of care testing dominated the end-use segment as a consequence of rising penetration of these devices in medical analytics, toxicology, drug screening, and rapid diagnosis of heart diseases through detection of biomarkers. Other end-use segment inclusive of biodefense is anticipated to be the fastest growing market owing to rising R&D investments in chemical detection systems coupled with high threat of bioterrorism and disease outbreaks.
- Some key players catering to this industry are BioDetection Instruments, Inc., PositiveID Corporation, BioDetection Systems, Bertin Technologies, BBI Detection,Smith Detection, MSA the Safety Company, Research International, Shimadzu Corporation, Agilent Technologies, Bio Rad Laboratories, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Response BioMedical, Corp.,Physical Sciences, Inc., NetBio, Inc., andMBio Diagnostics, Inc.
- New product development in an attempt to cater to the changing consumer requirements, is a viable sustainability strategy adopted by these market participants. For instance, in November 2015, PositiveID Corporation developed "New Firefly Dx Prototype System" with enhanced PCR capabilities enabling the detection of multiple pathogens in lower quantities.
Grand View Research has segmented biodetectors and accessories market on the basis of product, application, end-use, and region:
- Global biodetectors and accessories product outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Reagents & Media
- Accessories & Consumables
- Global biodetectors and accessories application outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Food & Environmental
- Global biodetectors and accessories end-use outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Point Of Care Testing
- Research Laboratories
- Biodetectors and accessories regional outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Tumor Ablation Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/tumor-ablation-market
- Direct Energy Medical Devices Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/direct-energy-medical-devices-market
- Reprocessed Medical Devices Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/reprocessed-medical-devices-market
- Fluid Management Systems Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fluid-management-systems-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.