NORTHBOROUGH, Mass., Sept. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- BJ's Wholesale Club is pleased to announce the grand opening of its newest Massachusetts Club location at Northborough Crossing 6102 Shops Way in Northborough, MA. The more than 120,000 square-foot Club is a brand-new facility and replaces the 23-year-old BJ's Wholesale Club on Route 9 in Westborough, MA. The wholesale club provides members with significant savings on groceries and general merchandise and while the location of the club has changed, BJ's commitment to deliver Members a positive shopping experience continues.
"BJ's is excited to open in Northborough, and we look forward to continuing to serve the community," said Diane Mareira, general manager of BJ's Wholesale Club in Northborough. "The new location offers the great products and groceries members have come to expect, while providing a shopping experience and a variety of new conveniences including a gas station, full service delicatessen, chicken rotisserie, enhanced tire center and integrated liquor shop."
With a focus on serving individual consumers and families, BJ's Wholesale Club places greater emphasis on satisfying consumer demands for value, selection, brands and convenience:
- Value and Savings – BJ's Members can save more than 30% off supermarket prices on a market basket of items.* In addition, BJ's is the only warehouse club to accept all manufacturers' coupons
- Variety and Selection – BJ's features the largest assortment of food and merchandise in the warehouse club industry – offering more than 7,000 products
- Quality and Brands –BJ's provides high-quality products and top selling national brands in every category as well as locally-grown produce, U.S.D.A. "Choice" meats and expanding number of all-natural and organic foods
- The Most Payment Options – In addition to cash, checks and debit cards, members can use their Visa, BJ's Visa®, MasterCard, American Express or Discover/NOVUS credit cards and EBT to make purchases.
- Convenience – BJ's is a one-stop shopping destination where Members can pick up everything they need. Club design elements such as aisle markers and wider aisles allow Members to more easily navigate the Club while self -checkout and express lanes save Members time Added conveniences available at the Northborough Club include:
- BJ's Fresh Bakery
- BJ's Gas Station
- BJ's Propane
- Full Service Delicatessen
- Grocery store and stock-up sizes
- New BJ's Café
- Optical Department
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Tire Bay
- Verizon Wireless Kiosk
Inner Circle® and Business Memberships cost $50 a year. Business Members can take advantage of exempt and resale privileges as well as a "Pick & Pack" faxed-order service. BJ's Rewards® memberships are also available for $90 a year, enabling Members to earn 2% back on qualifying purchases.
The Northborough BJ's Wholesale Club will employee 178 Team Members, many of whom are relocating from the Westborough Location which will close on September 9. In preparing for the relocation, the Westborough BJ's Wholesale Club will donate all surplus food including produce and dry grocery goods to the New Hampshire Food Bank.
In celebration of the Club opening, BJ's will host a Grand Opening Celebration at the new location on Saturday September 17. Current Members and the public at large are invited to sample a variety of food and beverages, visit with balloon artists and meet costumed characters.
The Northborough Club joins 22 other BJ's Clubs throughout the state. The Club is open Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. Sunday 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. For more information about the new Northborough location, visit www.bjs.com/northborough.
About BJ's Wholesale Club
BJ's is dedicated to providing members with high-quality, brand-name food and merchandise at prices that are significantly lower than supermarkets, supercenters, department stores, drug stores and specialty retail stores. BJ's carries the most product variety of any wholesale club with more than 7,000 items, including supermarket-sized staples, USDA Choice meats and stock-up items. BJ's is the only wholesale club to accept all manufacturers' coupons and for greater convenience, offers the most payment options including EBT.
Headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts, BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc. is a leading operator of warehouse clubs in the eastern United States. The Company currently operates 190 clubs and 105 gas stations in 15 eastern states. Learn more and shop online at BJs.com or for exclusive content visit Facebook.com/bjswholesaleclub and Twitter.com/bjswholesale.
* 30% savings is compared to supermarket prices and is based on the per unit price of a market basket of items. Savings may vary based upon market area and items purchased. Research conducted by Warehouse Club Focus, October 2010.
SOURCE BJ's Wholesale Club