TORONTO, Nov. 8, 2012 /CNW/ - 2012 has proven to be another banner year for iconic Canadian retailer, The Bay, and the company is set to celebrate by launching its sensational saving One Day Sales on Friday, November 14. The 2011 One Day sales were a huge success and The Bay has responded by launching the deals one week earlier, and making this year's offers bigger and better, and with more product available.
"The Bay has stepped up in a big way in 2012 to meet the ever-changing needs of our consumers," says Marc Metrick, Chief Marketing Officer, Hudson's Bay Company. "New store concepts, new retail offerings, new store designs and new food destinations have all been introduced by The Bay in order to provide Canadians with the ultimate shopping experience. And now, we're pleased to offer our most amazing One Day sales yet!"
The Bay Gets Bigger and Better than Black Friday!
First introduced in 2010, The Bay's One Day Sales have seen Canadians coast-to-coast rushing out to stores and logging on at www.thebay.com to get in on the flash sales which feature amazing savings on everything from men's and women's apparel, cosmetics, small kitchen appliances, and jewellery - all perfect for gift-giving.
Here's what's new for 2012:
- Bigger deals, more product
- For Black Friday and Cyber Monday, we will have special super saving deals
- Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HudsonsBayCompany and you'll get the scoop on every sale the night before so you can plan your shopping ahead
- Extended shopping hours: some stores will open as early as 7:00 a.m. Please check your local Bay store for exact details
- For the first time ever, The Bay has developed a partnership with popular song identification app Shazam. In a market first, Bonnie Brooks' famous One Day Sale radio campaign will have the ability to link directly to www.thebay.com for purchase simply by using the app on your smartphone or tablet
"2012 has been an extremely exciting year at The Bay," concludes Mr. Metrick. "From celebrating with our Canadian athletes as official apparel supplier to the Canadian Olympic Team, to opening the largest international TOPSHOP TOPMAN location in Vancouver, we continue to cement our status as part of the fabric of Canada. These One Day Sales are another way we are giving Canadians access to the best shopping experience possible whether it is in-store, online at www.thebay.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HudsonsBayCompany."
About Hudson's Bay Company
Hudson's Bay Company (HBC), founded in 1670, is North America's longest continually operated company and is a leading retailer offering a wide selection of branded merchandise in Canada and the United States through its three banners. In the United States HBC operates Lord & Taylor, a fashion department store with 48 full-line store locations throughout the northeastern United States and in two major cities in the Midwest. In Canada, HBC operates Hudson's Bay, Canada's largest national branded department store with 90 locations. HBC also operates Home Outfitters, a kitchen, bed and bath superstore with 69 locations. With approximately 29,000 associates in Canada and the U.S., Hudson's Bay Company banners provide stylish, quality merchandise at great value and with a dedicated focus on exceeding customers' expectations.
SOURCE Hudson's Bay Company