ARLINGTON, Va., Aug. 10, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Bloomberg BNA today announced it will host "What You Need to Know About ERISA: A Comprehensive Overview," October 8-9 at the offices of Bloomberg LP in New York City. The conference will feature a number of highly respected practitioners who will provide a comprehensive overview of ERISA, exploring it through its evolution over the last four decades. Registration for the conference, for which attendees can earn up to 14 CLE credits, is available here.
The conference was developed for those who address issues related to employee benefits and executive compensation under ERISA and federal tax laws. It is ideal for attorneys in private practice, employee-benefits consultants, compensation managers and consultants, in-house counsel, human-resources personnel and providers of services to plans.
Attendees will benefit by getting the latest insight on wealth of essential topics including:
- rules governing tax-qualified retirement plans
- the impact of employee benefits and executive compensation on M&A transactional practice
- fiduciary considerations applicable to plan assets
- design and implementation of programs relating to executive compensation
- the many developments surrounding healthcare reform
The conference is being co-chaired by ERISA practitioners Andrew L. Gaines, Partner at Paul Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP and Andrew L. Oringer, Partner at Dechert LLP. Other event speakers include:
- Erin Turley, Partner, K&L Gates LLP
- Charles F. Seemann III, Partner, Jackson Lewis PC
- Rosina B. Barker, Partner, Ivins, Phillips & Barker
- Greta E. Cowart, Shareholder, Winstead PC
- Alden J. Bianchi, Member, Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Current Issues in ERISA Litigation
- Mergers and Acquisitions: ERISA and the Transactional Practice
- Executive Compensation and Non-qualified Deferred Compensation Arrangements
- 401(k) – America's Choice for Retirement
- What You Need to Know About Health Care Reform and the Affordable Care Act
- Fiduciary Responsibility and Prohibited Transactions – The Basics
Conference registration is available here.
About Bloomberg BNA
Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA's authoritative coverage spans a full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & data security, human resources, and environment, health & safety.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bloomberg-bna-hosting-two-day-conference-on-latest-developments-in-erisa-300126198.html
SOURCE Bloomberg BNA