SALT LAKE CITY, April 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Boart Longyear (www.BoartLongyear.com), the world's leading provider of drilling services, equipment and performance tooling, will use Expomin – from April 25 to 29 in Santiago, Chile – to showcase its broad range of underground, multipurpose and geotechnical rigs; drills; performance tooling; and the first product in the company's instrumentation line, TruCore™.
"Expomin is an essential show in the Latin American mining industry if you want to have conversations with the sector's key players," said Hans Glaessner, Sales Director – Americas. "We are looking forward to presenting some of our latest product innovations and talking with current and future customers."
Boart Longyear's product experts will be on hand during Expomin stand at 702 – 802 1B to showcase the following products:
- LM™110 Underground Rig: The LM™110 was designed as a modular drill rig with a number of options for site-specific customization. An optional rod handler can be added to the LM™110, which greatly increases safety by locating the driller away from moving parts.
- LX™6 Rig: A multipurpose geotechnical rig that is capable of wireline and conventional coring, the LX™6 features powerful steel crawlers that allow it to travel on difficult terrain and drill anywhere.
- LS™250 MiniSonic™: The recently launched LSTM250 MiniSonicTM is a mid-sized sonic rig that provides an overall safer working environment for drillers. The rig is ideally suited for a wide range of environmental and infrastructure drilling applications, including difficult-to-reach drill sites.
- StopeMate™: Developed with the end user in mind, the StopeMate™ pneumatic production drill is extremely compact and is capable of drilling 51mm to 76mm holes, accommodates drilling depths of 12 to 25m and can be quickly disassembled and reassembled to gain access to captive areas.
- StopeMaster™: Larger than the StopeMate™, the StopeMaster™ is made for bulk mining applications. It allows for superior access, mobility, flexibility and productivity to meet the unique challenges of narrow vein and other underground mining applications.
- S250 Rock Drill: A hand-held, pneumatic rock drill that ensures maximum production in development and stoping applications. The S250 features precision leg controls, a lightweight design and optional acoustic baffles that reduce operator fatigue. It is available in several configurations, including the Jackleg, Stoper and Sinker.
- BLH™ Down the Hole (DTH) Hammer Series: The BLH™ down the hole hammer and bit series increases productivity in reverse circulation drilling and conventional drilling, and can be used for geotechnical drilling, quarrying/mining, water well/geothermal and mineral exploration. Available in both valved (BLH5 and BLH3) and valve-less (BLH1) models, the series provides high performance, outstanding reliability, simplicity and low operating costs.
- TruCore™ Core Orientation System: The first product in Boart Longyear's instrumentation line, TruCore™ enables drillers to provide the accurate data and the results mining clients count on, while decreasing spend on consumables. As a trusted supplier of drilling equipment and tooling for more than 125 years, Boart Longyear is proud to offer the first alternative solution in the marketplace for core orientation.
About Boart Longyear
Boart Longyear is the world's leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies globally. It also has a substantial presence in aftermarket parts and service, energy, mine de-watering, oil sands exploration and production drilling.
The Global Drilling Services division operates in over 30 countries for a diverse mining customer base spanning a wide range of commodities, including copper, gold, nickel, zinc, uranium, and other metals and minerals. The Global Products division designs, manufactures and sells drilling equipment, performance tooling, and aftermarket parts and services to customers in over 100 countries.
Boart Longyear is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in Sydney, Australia. More information about Boart Longyear can be found at www.boartlongyear.com. To get Boart Longyear news direct, visit www.boartlongyear.com/feed.
Contact: Monika Portman
Director of Product Management, Marketing, and Corporate Communications
Phone: +1 801-952-8451
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/boart-longyear-to-showcase-broad-range-of-rigs-drills-performance-tooling-and-first-instrumentation-product-at-expomin-300254151.html
SOURCE Boart Longyear