LONDON, October 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
QinetiQ's data security company Boldon James, the leading specialist provider of data classification and secure messaging solutions, today announced the launch of Mac Classifier - providing user-centric data classification functionality to organisations using Microsoft Office for Mac. Mac Classifier specifically extends the user experience of Outlook to incorporate classification and uniquely enhances Word, Excel and PowerPoint to engage users in document classification. This latest release positions Classifier as the most comprehensive data classification solution in the market today, with coverage now provided for Windows and Mac operating systems plus specialist applications including IBM Notes and CAD applications such as AutoDesk and DraftSight. Mac Classifier complements the existing extensive Classifier product suite including;
- Office Classifier, uniquely delivering a classification user experience within Microsoft Visio and Project in addition to Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Mobile Classifier, the only product that extends data classification capability to Android, iOS and Windows Phone;
- Exchange Classifier that is exclusive in applying classification policy to messages in-transit;
- Power Classifier which enables organisations to automate routine classification tasks and works seamlessly with Discovery agents and data retention solutions.
The Mac Classifier product meets the enterprise market need to extend classification coverage to Mac desktop and laptop devices, which are more frequently used by senior executives where sensitive data protection is paramount, in addition to the traditional dominance of Mac in the creative and media industries. According to analyst firm IDC, Mac market share has grown to a record 8% compared to other operating systems, with Mac usage replacing PCs at an unprecedented rate, partly fuelled by lower running costs and increased security.
In summary, Mac Classifier delivers the following:
- Covers all key Office for Mac applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Engages Mac users in process of preventing data loss
- Shares a common classification user-experience with all other Classifier products
- Employs unified administration alongside other Classifier products
- Applies metadata classification labels to drive other security and data management solutions
Commenting on the launch, Martin Sugden, CEO at Boldon James, said "The launch of Mac Classifier extends our data classification capabilities to cover the widest range of productivity applications and operating systems of any vendor. Mac Classifier demonstrates the ease with which Boldon James can bring classification to new applications, utilising the underlying strength of the Classifier Platform, which provides a common user experience, unified administration and full extensibility." Sugden continues "Supported by our class-leading technology platform and coupled with best-of-breed technology partnerships in areas such as DLP, Discovery and Encryption, Boldon James continues to be the partner of choice in delivering innovative, specialist data classification solutions to provide our customers with competitive advantage. We pride ourselves on the ability to develop products that meet the evolving needs of our customers and Mac Classifier is the next step in our classification journey."
About Boldon James
For 30 years, Boldon James has been a leader in data classification and secure messaging solutions, helping organisations manage and protect sensitive information securely and in compliance with legislation and standards, in some of the most complex and demanding messaging environments in the world.
Boldon James is a wholly-owned subsidiary of QinetiQ plc, with offices worldwide. http://www.boldonjames.com
A FTSE250 company, QinetiQ uses its world class knowledge, research and innovation to provide high-end technical expertise and advice, to customers in the global aerospace, defence and security markets. Visit the website at http://www.QinetiQ.com
SOURCE Boldon James