"Living in New York and through our work with our Giving Partners, we are constantly reminded of the ongoing need for humans helping humans. Homelessness remains an important cause to support within every community, and we are extremely honored that some of New York's biggest and most prominent companies are joining us in our ongoing mission," says Heath CEO & Co-Founder, Bombas.
In uniting New York City's most prolific companies and start-ups, Bombas is showing how a small group of people can come together for the greater good to make a huge impact. Participating partners include:
- Fashion: AYR, Baublebar, Gap, HATCH, Kenneth Cole, Lela Rose, Marissa Webb, State Bags, Two Birds Bridesmaid, Terez, Yummie
- Beauty/Personal Care: Birchbox, Birchbox Man, Boxed, Hello, GlamSquad, Harry's, Hubble, Lola, THINX
- Media: Elite Daily, The Infatuation, Well + Good, Whalebone
- Fitness & Wellness: ClassPass, Exhale Spa, Flywheel, MNDFL
- Tech: Gett, LinkedIn, PayPal, Spring, SquareFoot, Wala
- Home/Design: Casper, Homepolish, Knot & Bow, Wayfair
- Entertainment: Authentic Brands Group, Brooklyn Bowl, SeatGeek
- Food: Birch Coffee, Juice Generation, KIND, Panatea, Shake Shack, Maple, Manhattan Beer Company, Tacombi
- Organization/Agency: (RED), Back On My Feet, DoSomething, Indiegogo, LaForce, New York Red Bulls, Red Scout, Shark Branding, TURNER, WeWork, Wondersauce
As the exclusive transportation partner, Gett will provide a fleet of cars to depart from one central hub where all participants will meet. Each company will be assigned a vehicle within the fleet, to then head to a community shelter or organization to deliver the Bombas donation socks, as well as participate in other onsite programming, such as cooking a meal, serving supper, or simply engaging with the community. For example, food sponsor, Tacombi, will provide snacks for the volunteers in addition to hosting a pop-up dinner at St. Francis Church for the local homeless community to enjoy.
"It's important for us to go beyond just sending socks, to personally interact with those who are homeless or in need first-hand. We are constantly driven by their determination and journeys, which continue to fuel our connection and passion for what we do," adds Goldberg Co-Founder & Chief Brand Officer, Bombas.
Beyond 60k Day, Bombas is committed to continue participating in and facilitating social good activities, volunteering and supporting their charitable partners, hoping to encourage others to do the same. To learn more about 60k Day please visit Bombas.com/pages/60kday
Founded in 2013, Bombas is a New York Based company that makes the most comfortable socks and has a philanthropic mission to help those in need. After discovering socks are the #1 most requested clothing item in homeless shelters, founders Randy Goldberg and David Heath established the brand's mission to donate a pair of socks for every pair sold. To date, Bombas has donated more than 2 million pairs of socks to those who are homeless, in need or at-risk across the US. Each Bombas sock is constructed using the company's proprietary Sock Tech, comprised of several substantial ways to improve the comfort, performance and design of the traditional sock. The collection is currently available on www.Bombas.com in a variety of bold colors and styles for men, women and kids.
Turner PR | Huilian Anderson
212-889-1700 | Huilian.Anderson@TurnerPR.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bombas-unites-60-major-new-york-brands-to-support-the-local-homeless-community-in-unprecedented-60k-day-initiative-300414496.html