BookBaby announces volume pricing discounts for publishers and agents eBook distribution powerhouse makes it easy and affordable for publishers to manage global eBook sales for all their authors
PORTLAND, Ore., May 29, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- BookBaby, the leading distributor of eBooks through Amazon, iBooks and many others, launches a new wholesale program today, focusing on the needs of publishers, agents, and others with sizable book catalogs and backlists. Featuring deep volume discounts and exclusive eBook file conversion offers, BookBaby is extending its industry-leading eBook distribution and promotional book services beyond self-published authors directly to the book trade.
More details about the program can be found at www.bookbaby.com/wholesale. BookBaby's new wholesale team can be contacted at 856-661-3881.
"Publishers and agents want the same exact things that self-published authors want – easy eBook file conversions, worldwide distribution and book promotional tools," said Steven Spatz, Chief Marketing Officer of BookBaby and parent company AVL Digital. "These new BookBaby offers and programs make it even more affordable for publishers, agents, and anyone with a large number of books to get them into the digital marketplace."
"Book industry people know that BookBaby offers proven tools to manage their books, distribution, and sales reporting," said Spatz. "With our long track record of digital distribution and payment management through sister company CD Baby, publishers can trust us to do the job right."
The new BookBaby wholesale program offers publishers and agents many eBook distribution benefits including:
• Volume discounts up to 30% off eBook publishing packages – Publishers and agents who are distributing 50+ eBooks per year can apply for BookBaby wholesale pricing and set up an individualized plan.
• Payment of up to 100% of net sales – Publishers and agents can choose BookBaby's Premium eBook publishing package that features 0% commission on all sales through the company's retail partners.
• Distribution to all leading e-tailers administered through a single BookBaby account – BookBaby distributes worldwide to Amazon, iBooks, Barnes & Noble, Baker & Taylor and many others. It's the largest eBook distribution network available for self-published authors.
• Centralized metadata management – Publishers, agents or authors control the book's price, marketing description and other metadata, inputting critical information through one single BookBaby account, and the information is transmitted to all 12 BookBaby retailers.
• Aggregated sales reporting updated weekly – As payments are received from all of BookBaby's retail partners, BookBaby reports sales into the user account dashboard. Users can perform custom queries to provide their authors with granular sales reporting by title, date and retailer.
BookBaby has vast experience in digital distribution and strong vendor relationships with Amazon, Apple, and other leading companies. As a member of the CD Baby family of brands (the world's largest online distributor of independent music with over $300 million paid directly to artists), BookBaby is well positioned to help publishers, agents, and authors reap the maximum profits in the eBook marketplace.
The announcement of the company's new wholesale focus coincides with the start of Book Expo America in New York City, the largest annual event for the book industry. BookBaby is exhibiting at #BEA14 (Booth DZ2056) and is a sponsor of uPubU Conference for self published authors, running concurrently with BEA.
Distributing eBooks in over 170 countries through 12 online retail stores, including Amazon, Apple, Barnes & Noble and more, BookBaby offers a full array of services including eBook formatting, cover design and distribution, as well as short run book printing. The company also gives each of their authors access to BookPromo™, a suite of promotional book services, and BookShop, a webpage with an ecommerce option for authors to sell direct to readers. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, BookBaby was launched in early 2011 and applies the same services and powerful resources as sister company CD Baby to the digital publishing world, to help independent authors and publishers accomplish their goals.
#BookBaby announces at @BookExpoAmerica a new wholesale #publishing focus. Visit @BookBaby at @BEA14 Booth DZ2056.
@BookBaby announces volume pricing discounts for publishers and agents. #BookBaby #authors #BEA14 #publishing #publishingperks
@BookBaby launches wholesale program for publishers and agents to save big on eBook self-publishing. #authors #publishing #BookBaby #BEA14
#Publish. Promote. Sell. @BookBaby reveals volume pricing discounts for publishers and agents at #BEA14. #authors
For more information please contact:
Media Contact: Steven Spatz, BookBaby, 215-519-4570, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com