Brad's Deals' 5 Tips for Winning the Back to School Battle
CHICAGO, Aug. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Parents across the country are eagerly awaiting their favorite day of the year...the 1st day of school. Brad's Deals, the largest editorial-driven deals site, has tips to help you avoid falling into the hype and excitement around sending your kids back to school and leave with with a little bit of extra cash for the holidays.
Your Back to School Shopping Strategy
- The Dollar Store: Today's dollar store is not the one you remember from your childhood. You can now find name-brand products at dollar stores for less than big box retailers. Head to a dollar store for things like folders, pencil cases, construction paper, and notebooks.
- Office Supply Stores: Our instincts for Back to School shopping tell us to go to regular big box stores, this is not a good idea! Office supply stores sell office products in bulk for better prices. They usually have better quality products too.
- Now is the time to buy winter clothes!. Boots, which were still close to regular prices in May/June are getting clearanced out to make room for this season's new styles. This is also a time to buy winter coats either online or at outlet stores as retailers get ready to starts sending summer items to the outlets.
- Back to School-pool at Costco or Sam's Club:You're going to be car-pooling this fall, so why not B2S-pool? Schools will soon be sending class supply lists. Find the other parents in your child's class and buy in bulk! Assign items on the supply list to each parent and then meet up at the school or someone's home. Set out all the items and take one of each for your child.
- Shop Your Home: No, not Shop AT Home, shop your home. Pool together the school supplies the kids brought home in June. Try to make as many full sets of things like crayons and colored pencils as you can. Make sure that you spread the reused school supplies across all of your children so that everyone gets a mix of old and new supplies. You can pool together with other parents with last year's supplies the same way you would with buying in bulk.
Visit the Brad's Deals Back to School Guide for the hottest B2S deals that are live today.
Are you Back to School shopping for your college student? Once you've outfitted their dorm room, make sure they're prepared for whatever comes their way with what Brad's Deals considers The 5 Best Credit Cards for College Students.
ABOUT BRAD'S DEALS
BradsDeals.com is the largest editorial-driven deals site with more than 11 million email subscribers. For the past 11 years, Brad's Deals has been dedicated to publishing the best online deals and coupon codes daily. Editor-in-Chief Brad Wilson created Brad's Deals while a college student in 2002 as a way to spread the word about the online shopping tips and tricks that he learned as a student.
Media Contact: Matt Batt, Brad's Deals, 773-294-5808, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Brad's Deals