- Demand for resins (PE, PP and PVC) was 1.2 million tons in 2Q16, growing 3% from 1Q16. In the period, the Company's market share expanded 3 p.p., with total sales increasing 8% to 846 kton, surpassing the domestic market growth in the period.
- Resin exports from Brazil increased 21% from 2Q15, to 454 kton. Compared to 1Q16, resin exports grew by 9%. Exports of basic petrochemicals amounted to 379 kton, increasing 6% from the volume in 2Q15, mainly due to higher gasoline exports.
- Braskem's crackers operated at an average capacity utilization rate of 94% in 2Q16, up 1 p.p. from the same period last year and 5 p.p. higher than in 1Q16, highlighting the production from the gas-based cracker in Rio de Janeiro.
- In 2Q16, the units in Brazil, including exports, posted EBITDA of R$2,293 million, accounting for 75.3% of the Company's consolidated EBITDA.
United States, Europe and Mexico:
- In the USA and Europe unit, the PP plants operated at an average capacity utilization rate of 103% in 2Q16. Production at the units in the United States and Europe amounted to 513 kton in 2Q16, growing 2% from 2Q15. Sales amounted to 504 kton, growing 2% from 2Q15.
- USA and Europe unit posted EBITDA of US$212 million (R$745 million), accounting for 24.5% of consolidated EBITDA. In the same period a year earlier, the segment accounted for 8% of consolidated EBITDA.
- With a more significant production volume, inventory building and the launch of sales, in 2Q16 the petrochemical complex in Mexico delivered its first operating results and become a reportable segment of the Company.
Braskem - Consolidated :
- In Brazilian real, EBITDA increased 15% compared to 2Q15, to R$3,011 million.
- In April, Braskem paid R$1 billion in dividends (32% of 2015 net income).
- Corporate leverage in U.S. dollar, stood at 1.79 times, down 21% from the same period in 2015.
The full earnings release is available on the Company's IR website: www.braskem.com.br/ir
Braskem will host conference calls to discuss its Results TOMORROW, August 5, at 1:30 p.m. US ET. See connecting details on the Company's IR website.
For further information, contact Braskem's Investor Relations Area:
email@example.com, (+55 11) 3576-9531.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/braskem-announces-2q16-results-300309182.html
SOURCE BRASKEM S.A.