WABAN, Mass., March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Based on a study of 10,000 U.S. consumers, Bright House Networks and Dish Network earned the top spots in the TV services sector of the 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings. At the other end of the spectrum, Time Warner Cable and Charter Communications are the lowest-rated companies in the industry. The overall industry was the lowest rated out of 19 industries in the ratings.
"Bad customer experience is an ongoing epidemic in the TV services sector. Even the best firm in the industry is rated in the bottom third of all companies," states Bruce Temkin, managing partner of Temkin Group.
The Temkin Experience Ratings evaluates three areas of customer experience: functional (can customers do what they want to do), accessible (how easy it is to work with the company), and emotional (how consumers feel about their interactions).
The ratings include 10 TV service providers: AT&T, Bright House Networks, Cablevision, Charter Communications, Comcast, Cox Communications, DirecTV, Dish Network, Time Warner Cable, and Verizon.
Here are some additional highlights from the ratings:
- The top TV service providers Bright House Networks and Dish Network (tied for 166th out of all 246 companies in the ratings across industries) are lower rated than even the worst company in the parcel delivery service, grocery, and fast food industries. While these top two companies earned "okay" ratings, the rest of the companies in the industry earned either "poor" or "very poor" ratings.
- The last place company in the industry, Time Warner Cable, earned the 244th ranking, tied for next to last across all industries.
- The second-to-last TV service provider, Charter Communications, improved eight points over last year, the largest gain in the industry.
- Cox Communications' rating decreased six points from 2012, the largest drop in the industry
- Dish Network is the highest rated in the functional component, Optimum (iO)/Cablevision is highest rated in accessible, and Bright House Networks is highest rated in the emotional component.
- Cox Communications has the lowest functional rating while Time Warner Cable has the lowest accessible and emotional ratings.
- The average rating for the industry remained about the same between 2012 and 2013.
The 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings along with other ratings can be accessed at the Temkin Ratings website, www.TemkinRatings.com.
The report "2013 Temkin Experience Ratings" can be downloaded for free from the Customer Experience Matters® blog, at ExperienceMatters.wordpress.com as well as from the Temkin Group website, www.TemkinGroup.com.
About Temkin Group: Temkin Group is widely recognized as a leading customer experience research and consulting firm. Many of the world's largest brands rely on its insights and advice to steer their transformational journeys. Temkin Group combines customer experience thought leadership with a deep understanding of the dynamics of organizations to help accelerate results. Rather than layering on cosmetic changes, Temkin Group helps companies embed practices within their culture by building four critical competencies: Purposeful Leadership, Employee Engagement, Compelling Brand Values, and Customer Connectedness. The firm's ongoing research identifies leading and emerging best practices across a wide range of activities for engaging the hearts and minds of customers, employees, and partners. For more information, contact Bruce Temkin at 617-916-2075 or send an email.
About Bruce Temkin: Bruce Temkin is widely recognized as a customer experience thought leader and is Customer Experience Transformist and Managing Partner of Temkin Group. He is also the author of a very popular blog, Customer Experience Matters® (ExperienceMatters.wordpress.com). Prior to forming Temkin Group, he was a VP at Forrester Research for 12 years. Bruce is a highly demanded speaker who consistently receives high marks for his content-rich, entertaining keynote addresses. He is also the co-founder and Chair of the Customer Experience Professionals Association (CXPA.org), a global non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of customer experience management.
Customer experience matters is a registered trademark of Temkin Group.
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Temkin Group