Cadence Introduces Voltus-Fi Custom Power Integrity Solution, Delivering Foundry-Certified SPICE-Level Accuracy for Transistor-Level Power Signoff
- Provides best-in-class transistor-level EMIR accuracy, enabled by Spectre Accelerated Parallel Simulator SPICE simulation
- Voltus-Fi Custom Power Integrity Solution completes Cadence power signoff solution
- Delivers best-in-class accuracy for advanced node FinFET process
SAN JOSE, Calif., Aug. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CDNS), a leader in global electronic design innovation, today introduced Cadence® Voltus™-Fi Custom Power Integrity Solution, a transistor-level electromigration and IR-drop (EMIR) solution that delivers foundry-certified SPICE-level accuracy in power signoff to create the fastest path to design closure. The new solution is enabled by Cadence Spectre® Accelerated Parallel Simulator signoff SPICE simulation, providing best-in-class accuracy at the transistor level to meet complex manufacturing specifications at advanced nodes. It complements Cadence Voltus IC Power Integrity Solution, a full-chip, cell-level power signoff tool, and completes the company's power signoff technology solution.
Voltus-Fi Custom Power Integrity Solution enables designers to shrink the critical power signoff closure and analysis phase through key capabilities including:
- Cadence's patented voltage-based iteration method, which requires a smaller memory footprint and runs faster than the industry's traditional current-based iteration method
- Full integration with the Cadence Virtuoso® platform, which provides a single design flow that improves designer productivity in analog and custom block EMIR signoff
- Leverages transistor-level parasitic extraction with Cadence Quantus™ QRC Extraction Solution, transistor-level simulation with Cadence Spectre Accelerated Parallel Simulator and Cadence Spectre Extensive Partitioning Simulator and, finally, EMIR results visualization on real physical layouts for quick analysis, debugging and optimization
- Integration between Voltus-Fi Custom Power Integrity Solution and Voltus IC Power Integrity Solution, which provides a seamless flow for advanced analog/ mixed-signal power signoff for designs with mixed transistor-level and cell-level blocks
"The lowest possible power is imperative to customers of our iCE40 and ECP5 FPGA product families, and Voltus-Fi Custom Power Integrity Solution ensures that we achieve exceptionally accurate transistor-level results while minimizing power consumption," said Sherif Sweha, corporate VP of research & development at Lattice Semiconductor. "As Lattice continues its focus on mobile and mobile-influenced markets, we are also using Voltus IC Power Integrity solution at the cell-level for a complete, best-in-class power signoff solution that optimizes mobile devices."
"With the Cadence Voltus-Fi Custom Power Integrity Solution, customers can now achieve the most accurate EMIR results for transistor-level blocks, from analog IP blocks to embedded memories, in their Virtuoso environment," said Anirudh Devgan, senior vice president, Digital & Signoff Group, Cadence. "In addition, Voltus-Fi Custom Power Integrity Solution generates accurate IP-level power-grid models for transistor blocks. This enables customers to then run Voltus IC Power Integrity Solution to achieve complete, full-chip SoC power signoff at top level, which results in the fastest path to design closure."
Voltus-Fi Custom Power Integrity Solution is available now. For more information, visit www.cadence.com/news/voltusfi.
Cadence enables global electronic design innovation and plays an essential role in the creation of today's integrated circuits and electronics. Customers use Cadence software, hardware, IP, and services to design and verify advanced semiconductors, consumer electronics, networking and telecommunications equipment, and computer systems. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with sales offices, design centers, and research facilities around the world to serve the global electronics industry. More information about the company, its products, and services is available at www.cadence.com.
© 2014 Cadence Design Systems, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide. Cadence, Quantus, Spectre Virtuoso, Voltus, and the Cadence logo are trademarks of Cadence Design Systems, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For more information, please contact:
SOURCE Cadence Design Systems, Inc.