Call for Papers: Small Businesses Needed to Provide Warfighters with Innovative Solutions
ALEXANDRIA, Va., Feb. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Association of Old Crows (AOC) and the Applied Communications and Information Networking (ACIN) Camden Technology Center have teamed to facilitate a pathway for small businesses to gain entrance into the competitive DoD market space. On May 1-2, 2012, the playing field will be leveled for small businesses by providing them the opportunity to dialogue with larger, well-established, defense contractors and key military program managers. Not only is this a chance for small businesses to gain exposure, but for large businesses and military leaders to hear innovative solutions with focused answers to complex problems.
The AOC cordially invites you to submit a paper(s) to the conference on ACIN: Legislative Initiatives for Small Business Integration at the ACIN Center in Camden, NJ. Presenters will have an opportunity to voice their solutions in front of industry executives, and representatives of military, industry and academia. Potential speakers are invited to share their expertise that offers a solution to the following challenges:
1. EMS-Enabled Life Cycle Management Solutions
- How is parts history data currently being managed for military assets across the services?
- How do maintenance technicians' access and/or update parts data in the field without data connectivity?
- What are the benefits that could be realized if parts history information was readily available via intelligent data plates attached directly to military parts and equipment?
2. Infrastructure Support to EMS Solutions
- How can the Military test equipment and tactics in various environments; how can this be done without extensive travel and/or seasonal delays and the need to enter foreign countries and encounter various security issues?
- How can warfighters be trained in these various environments in tactics, strategy and the use of the aforementioned equipment without similar constraints?
3. How Can ISR Information Be Better Shared Across Government, Industry and Research Partners?:
- How is data converted into Intelligence for the war fighter and disseminated?
- What barriers exist to providing data to the warfighter in the field, and Industry & Research Partners?
4. Modeling and Simulation Capabilities for EMS Warriors:
- How fast can data be converted into Intelligence for the war fighter?
- Can data (including EMS) from a target be correlated and validated?
- Can target data (including EMS) be isolated for automated Threat Evaluation?
5. Asymmetric Warfare Solutions – EMS Denied Environment:
- How accurately can you classify a target classification methodology?
- How can we force the adversary / target of interest to emit an EMS signature?
- What barriers exist to making this extensible to cross platforms?
Abstracts should be limited to one page of unclassified text. Presentations will be required in Microsoft PowerPoint. Deadline for abstracts is April 2, 2012.
AOC is a non-profit international Electronic Warfare/Information Operations (EW/IO) association which promotes electromagnetic spectrum operations and related activities across military, civilian and commercial applications.
SOURCE Association of Old Crows