Calling all VIP's (Very Important Pooches): New York's Hotel Pennsylvania is the place to stay for the 2014 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show
NEW YORK, Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- New York's Hotel Pennsylvania is once again offering exclusive Five-Paw service and pulling out all the stops to cater to canine hopefuls participating in the 2014 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. The services offered are unmatched by any other hotel for Westminster in terms of both quantity of services and scale of floor space dedicated to the breeds. The 138th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show takes place on February 10th and 11th, 2014 at Madison Square Garden directly across from the hotel.
As one of the three Gold Partner Hotel's, the Westminster Kennel Club is providing complimentary shuttle buses to transport exhibitors and spectators directly from New York's Hotel Pennsylvania to Piers 92/94 throughout each day, where the Breed judging and benching will take place. The Groups, Junior Showmanship Finals and important Best In Show will still be held at Madison Square Garden.
"Every year we look forward to hosting our VIP's for the annual Dog Show," said Jim Flynn, General Manager and All Dogs' Best Friend at the Hotel. "Given our ideal Westminster location, unbeatable rates and exclusive canine amenities, participants know we are the perfect place to stay year-after-year."
No one does it better than New York's Hotel Pennsylvania! From 'pup'tual wedding ceremonies to hosting an annual Pet Fashion Show, the recipient of the Pet Friendly Hotel of the Year award always goes the extra mile. The list of exclusive amenities grows each year and New York's Hotel Pennsylvania is outdoing itself again by adding agility equipment for Westminster hopefuls. This recent addition will cater to canines entering Westminster's newest event, the Masters Agility Championship.
To prepare for this special occasion, the property is planning to set up a variety of onsite daily events and amenities to coincide with the Show exclusively for guests, including:
- Direct shuttle bus service for Dog Show exhibitors and spectators from the Hotel to Piers 92/94 each day (compliments of Westminster).
- Exclusive welcome package for Westminster guests.
- Hosting the largest in-door doggie spa in all of New York, the 1st In-Line, Inc. sponsored Green Room Salon, Spa and Canine Gym offers a variety of amenities for Show participants: bathing and grooming parlors, exercise fitness area, agility equipment, animal massage, animal acupuncture, walking area with his and hers relieving area.
- A live Westminster Kennel Club broadcast satellite feed from the Hotel's Lobby on the morning of February 7th.
- Hosting the 2014 New York Pet Fashion Show Presents "The Crown Jewels of Fashion and Rescue" taking place on February 7th; starting at 7 pm EST.
- Hosting a live three-hour radio broadcast of the popular pet show Talkin' Pets with Jon Patch on February 8th from 5 pm to 8 pm EST.
- Hosting the Dog Writers Association of America Annual Awards Banquet on February 9th.
- Our exclusive on-site Doggie Concierge will be working hard to attend to all canine requirements (such as 'pup'arazzi interviews and hotel tours) related to the Westminster Dog Show.
- The Paw Mall, located at the Dog S'paw', will feature all the latest accessories and gifts for both owners and pets to enjoy, from jewelry to pet clothing.
- ...and so much more! Visit www.hotelpenn.com/en/page/westminster for full details.
New York's Hotel Pennsylvania is offering unbeatable room rates for Westminster guests with dogs and those without dogs. To stay at the host hotel where all the Westminster Dog Show action happens, contact 212-736-5000 (locally) or 800-223-8585 (toll-free) or visit www.hotelpenn.com/en/page/westminster today.
Note to media contacts: For interviews and photo opportunities, please contact Jerry Grymek, LMA Communications Inc. at 1-800-387-1399/416-440-2500, Cell: 416-918-2043, e-mail: email@example.com.
Westminster is the oldest, continuous sporting event in America, with the exception of the Kentucky Derby. The Dog Show is the most prestigious of National Dog Shows and has been held every year despite power shortages, hazardous weather conditions, economic depressions and World Wars.
About New York's Hotel Pennsylvania
Since 1919, New York's Hotel Pennsylvania has been host to millions of visitors to Manhattan, more than any other hotel in the world. The hotel is one of only two hotels in Manhattan to earn the prestigious ENERGY STAR award, which exemplifies superior energy performance and efficiency. With 1,700 rooms and over 90,000 square feet of function and adjacent exhibit space, the hotel's location on 7th Avenue at 33rd Street is conveniently located to the Midtown business district and within walking distance to many of Manhattan's famed tourist attractions, including Times Square, the Theater District and the Empire State Building. Directly across from Penn Station and with most major subway lines within one block makes getting to and around Manhattan exceptionally easy. Reservations can be made on-line at www.hotelpenn.com or by calling 212-736-5000 or toll-free at 800-223-8585. The World's Most Popular Hotel is a registered trademark of New York's Hotel Pennsylvania.
Media Contact: Jerry Grymek – LMA Communications Inc.;
Phone 1-800-387-1399; Cell 416-918-2043;
SOURCE New York's Hotel Pennsylvania