Canada Post salutes latest winners of Aboriginal Education Incentive Awards
OTTAWA, March 1, 2013 /CNW/ - Canada Post has once again honoured the efforts of 24 deserving people from across the country with the Aboriginal Education Incentive Awards. The Awards, which launched in 2004, acknowledge the hard work and drive required to continue education following an absence from formal schooling.
Applicants must have resumed studies after at least 12 months away from the education system. The winners of the $1,000 annual prize are chosen by a jury of representatives of Canada Post and one Aboriginal community member.
"Canada Post is proud to recognize these 24 individuals for their dedication to self-improvement through education," says Brad Smith, Interim Lead Executive of Human Resources at Canada Post. "Their hard work is honourable and we hope they continue their pursuit of learning."
The 2012 recipients are:
- British Columbia: Beverley Hutchinson, Sherrell Hutchingson, Denise Lecoy, Michelle Jones, Charlene Linklater, Jordan Williams
- Alberta: Constance Day Chief, Lloyd Desjarlais, Cynthia Jim
- Manitoba: Christine McIvor, Jennifer Henry, Daneld Groulx, Elaina Desrochers
- Ontario: Charity Keesic, Carla Duncan, Catherine Golding, Falicia McAdam
- Quebec: Gaetane Marie Larocque, Richard Cywink
- New Brunswick: Michael Paul, Joseph Augustine
- Nova Scotia: Nerissa Denny
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Tracy Blake
Northwest Territories: Matthew Ouillette
SOURCE Canada Post
More by this Source
Christmas Island post office sends smiles around the world with special holiday postmark
Nov 20, 2013, 05:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.