Canada's hybrid leader records a record July
- Toyota Prius c sets third consecutive monthly record, Lexus GS sets new July record
- Canadian-built RAV4 sets sixth consecutive monthly record
- Lexus sales division up, propelled by first month sales of 2014 Lexus IS
TORONTO, Aug. 1, 2013 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 17,734 vehicles in July, up 12.1% versus 2012, led by record-setting sales of trucks and hybrids. Toyota's luxury division, Lexus Canada sold 1,446 vehicles for the month of July, up 30.6% versus the same period last year.
July saw record sales for Canada's hybrid leader. TCI had sales of 1,424 hybrids, up 2.4%. It was the third consecutive monthly record for the Prius c, an improvement of 38.3% over the previous record set last July. Lexus GS 450h also set a new July record up 53.8%.
July was a record month for Toyota truck sales including the Toyota RAV4 with 2,751 sold, an increase of 25.6%. This marks the sixth consecutive month of record sales of the all-new RAV4. In addition, there were 1,053 Tacoma trucks sold, an increase of 46.7%.
Toyota sales highlights for July 2013 (vs. 2012)
Toyota sales: 15,719 (up 12.1%)
- Toyota passenger car sales: 8,196 (up 12%)
- Avalon sales: 85 (up 466.7%)
Camry sales: 1,111 (up 6.5%)
- Corolla sales: 3,735 (up 22.5%)
Matrix sales: 1,138 (up 6.7%)
- Yaris Hatch sales: 986 (up 34%)
Toyota truck sales: 7,523 (up 12.1%) :: new July record :: 3rd straight
month of record sales
- 4Runner sales: 251 (up 26.8%)
- Highlander sales: 628 (up 27.9%)
- Canadian-built RAV4 sales: 2,751 (up 25.6%) :: new July record :: 6th straight month of record sales
- Sequoia sales: 52 (up 4%)
- Sienna sales: 1,269 (up 2.9%)
Tacoma sales: 1,053 (up 46.7%) :: new July record
Toyota hybrid sales: 1,221 (up 3.2%) :: new July record
- Camry Hybrid sales: 289 (up 27.3%)
- Highlander Hybrid sales: 80 (up 11.1%)
- Prius c sales: 314 (up 38.3%) :: new July record :: accounted for 22.7% of Toyota subcompact sales
Lexus sales highlights for July 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Lexus sales: 1,446 (up 30.6%)
- Lexus luxury car sales: 746 (up 52.6%)
- ES sales: 210 (up 150%)
- GS Hybrid sales: 20 (up 53.8%) :: new July record
- IS sales: 295 (up 150%) :: first month of sale for the all-new 2014 Lexus IS
- LS sales: 21 (up 110%)
- Lexus luxury SUV sales: 700 (up 13.3%)
- RX sales: 618 (up 26.9%)
Scion sales highlights for July 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Scion sales: 569
- tC sales: 190 (up 36.7%)
- xB sales: 91 (up 7.1%)
"Toyota's hybrids, trucks and Lexus luxury sales all show great momentum in July," said Larry Hutchinson, Vice President, Sales, Toyota Canada Inc. "We thank Canadians for continuing to embrace the innovative, reliable and well equipped vehicles across our entire vehicle offering."
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every vehicle starting in 2011. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI's head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.
SOURCE Toyota Canada Inc.
More by this Source
Toyota Canada Inc. sets annual record for truck sales
Dec 03, 2013, 15:34 ET
Toyota Canada September sales rise on strength of new Toyota, Lexus and Scion models
Oct 01, 2013, 13:38 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.