Canadian-built RAV4 records seventh straight record month of sales to lead Toyota Canada sales
Month-over-month record sales for Toyota Canada's trucks and hybrids
TORONTO, Sept. 4, 2013 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 17,647 vehicles in August, up 0.5% versus 2012, with continued records in trucks and hybrids. An August record of 8,219 trucks were sold by TCI, up 0.7%. TCI also sold an August record of 1,426 hybrids, exceeding August 2012 sales by 1.9%.
Scion and Lexus also contributed to TCI's number of August sales records. Lexus sold 1,570 vehicles, a 9.7% improvement over last year, while Scion sales of 578 cars surpassed last year's record by 3.6%.
Toyota division highlights for August 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Sales: 15,499
- Passenger car sales: 8,018
- Avalon sales: 94 (up 168.6%)
- Corolla sales: 3,955 (up 6.3%)
- Yaris Hatch sales: 702 (up 8.8%)
- Truck sales: 7,481 (up 1.2%) :: new August record :: 4th straight month of record sales
- 4Runner sales: 276 (up 17.9%)
- Highlander sales: 613 (up 22.4%)
- Canadian-built RAV4 sales: 2,768 (up 0.5%) :: new August record :: 7th straight month of record sales
- Sequoia sales: 55 (up 66.7%)
- Sienna sales: 1,183 (up 6.1%)
- Tacoma 4X4 sales: 904 (up 12.2%) :: new August record :: 3rd straight month of record sales
- Hybrid sales: 1,180 (up 1.3%) :: new August record :: 2nd straight month of record sales
- Highlander Hybrid sales: 103 (up 30.4%) :: new August record
- Prius family sales: 834 (up 0.4%) :: new August record
- Prius c sales: 321 (up 70.7%) :: new August record :: 2nd straight month of record sales
Lexus division highlights for August 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Sales: 1,570 (up 9.7%) :: new August record
- Luxury car sales: 832 (up 26.1%) :: new August record
- IS sales: 371 (up 204.1%) :: new August record
- IS C sales: 22 (up 37.5%)
- LS sales: 10 (up 11.1%)
- Luxury SUV sales: 738
- RX sales: 657 (up 1.2%)
- Luxury hybrid sales: 246 (up 4.7%)
- ES Hybrid sales: 74 (up 236.4%)
- GS Hybrid sales: 19 (up 171.4%) :: new August record :: 2nd straight month of record sales
Scion division highlights for August 2013 (vs. 2012)
Sales: 578 (up 3.6%) :: new August record
- tC sales: 219 (up 62.2%) :: new August record
- xB sales: 106 (up 14.0%)
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every vehicle starting in 2011. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI's head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.
SOURCE Toyota Canada Inc.
More by this Source
Best-ever year for Lexus helps Toyota Canada Inc. increase sales by 1.7% in 2013
Jan 03, 2014, 16:05 ET
Toyota Canada Inc. sets annual record for truck sales
Dec 03, 2013, 15:34 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.