Canadian Guitar Goddess Hayley To Release Debut Album On May 13 NYC SHOWCASE AT ROCKWOOD MUSIC HALL ON MAY 21
LOS ANGELES, May 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Critically-acclaimed Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist Hayley is set to release her debut album, I, on May 13th on MDM Recordings / Universal Music Canada. Signed to an endorsement deal with Fender for a new American Design, Hayley throws a striking and dramatic silhouette on stage, cross-referencing Bonnie Raitt roots-vibes with Keith Urban virtuosity. Her first single "Don't Wanna Want You" will be released on May 14th.
In support of the release of her new album, Hayley will be performing in New York City on May 21st at Stage 2 at Rockwood Music Hall (196 Allen Street, New York, NY 10002). The free show is set to begin at 6:00pm.
"Everything about this album was a first for me," says Hayley. "The first time recording an album, first time producing; even many of the songs were fuelled by a first time experience of falling hard into love and landing out of it. Everything about my first album is exactly that: a first, hence the title 'I.' My co-producer Mitch Merrett and I followed our gut instincts with every song, and I could not be more excited to share the countless hours of writing, arranging, singing and playing that was put in to this project with the world."
Over the course of her career Hayley has amassed a number of accolades and highlights including:
- Ranked #1 of the Top 10 Guitar Goddesses by Fender who labeled her the notable "Canadian beauty [who] is positively bursting with talent." (link)
- Performed "One Time One Night" at the grand opening celebration of the Fender Visitor Center with renowned Los Lobos and Blues legend Buddy Guy. (link)
- Chosen by CBC as 1 of 5 up and comers in the Canadian Country Music Scene (link)
- 2010 grand prize winner of the Country 107.1 Big Break Contest, winning a $50,000 prize package including recording time with Canadian Country Music Association Award winning Producer Tim McKillip and JUNO Award winning Mix Engineer Kevin Churko.
- Performed in December 2013 north of the 82nd parallel at the Arctic military station for The Royal Canadian Air Force.
- Annually donates her time to work with the Tim Horton Children's Foundation™.
- Sounds Like A Love Song
- Breaking Up With Love
- Good Regret
- That's When You Know
- Feelin' California
- Huckleberry Summer
- Born To Run
- Don't Wanna Want You
- Only Lonely
- Radar Love
- I Don't Like It
- Names In The Night
Ryan Romenesko | firstname.lastname@example.org
Holly Cybulski | email@example.com
SOURCE Hayley McLean