Caradigm Cloud-based Platform and Applications Designed to Help Health Systems Improve Quality and Population Health through Use of Near Real-time Data
Caradigm Intelligence Platform, the next generation of Amalga, designed for lower total cost of ownership, rapid industry innovation, enhanced connectivity and data analytics
NEW ORLEANS, March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- At the HIMSS 2013 Conference and Exhibition held here, Caradigm today announced a flexible, cloud-based platform and applications designed to help healthcare organizations optimize quality, costs, revenue and population health through the use of near real-time data. The Caradigm Intelligence Platform—and new applications from Caradigm and industry partners—will be demonstrated at booth #1323 throughout the conference. Caradigm is a 50-50 joint venture formed by GE Healthcare and Microsoft Corp. in June 2012.
"We're excited to bring a new type of solution to market that focuses squarely on the population health challenges facing healthcare organizations nationwide and beyond," said Michael Simpson, CEO of Caradigm. "The Caradigm Intelligence Platform allows health systems to turn their enormous volumes of data into a strategic asset to drive breakthroughs in the quality, economics and coordination of care. The platform also serves as the catalyst for new data-driven applications that can solve tough healthcare problems as they emerge."
The cloud-based Caradigm Intelligence Platform aggregates clinical, financial and operational data from multiple systems into problem-specific population summaries, helping providers gain insight about individual patients, populations and performance, and to more easily make changes to improve care and outcomes. Applications developed to run on the platform use the aggregated data to help organizations address challenges related to quality improvement, population health management, and revenue and cost optimization.
Caradigm Intelligence Platform, the Next Generation of Amalga
The Caradigm Intelligence Platform represents the next generation of Amalga and introduces several features designed to help healthcare organizations lower the total cost of ownership and realize incremental value more rapidly. Select platform features and benefits include:
- a cloud-based offering designed to simplify deployment, operation, maintenance and support; reduce customers' initial investment through a subscription-based model; and optimize utilization of resources through on-demand supply
- streamlined access to data in a wide range of formats, including XML, HL7, CSV and CCD;
- Cohort Management Designer, a tool that allows users to quickly identify critical information about targeted populations, helping them address challenges related to surveillance, such as infection tracking and readmissions
- faster and easier application development through Software Development Kit support for C#, Java and Virtual Schema
- integration with popular business intelligence tools for multi-dimensional analysis and reporting to rapidly identify and address issues and trends among populations
- access to a broad set of applications designed for healthcare quality improvement, population health, and revenue and cost optimization
UW Medicine Early Adopter of the Caradigm Intelligence Platform
"UW Medicine has been using Amalga as a strategic data repository to help improve the quality of care across the health system," said Peter Tarczy-Hornoch, Professor and Chair, Department of Biomedical Informatics and Medical Education at UW Medicine. "Caradigm Intelligence Platform, the new version of Amalga, will allow us to more easily meet the large and growing demand for analytics and reports using the vast amounts of clinical and financial data we have throughout the organization."
UW Medicine currently uses Amalga to analyze data pulled from approximately 50 core systems, including Epic Clarity enterprise data warehouse, and generate more than 500 reports spanning clinical quality improvement, compliance and operations. Amalga is the only system in use by UW Medicine that enables the medical center to aggregate and analyze data from multiple clinical and financial systems. UW Medicine is testing the Caradigm Intelligence Platform in use cases related to MRSA infection tracking and HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems).
New Healthcare Applications from Caradigm and Partners
Based on experiences with hundreds of hospitals worldwide, and in collaboration with industry partners CitiusTech, GE Performance Solutions, Get Real Health, and Partners Consulting, Inc., Caradigm is introducing several new applications that run on the Caradigm Intelligence Platform and target healthcare quality improvement, population health, and revenue and cost optimization, including:
Population Health Management
- Caradigm Care Management is designed to help healthcare organizations streamline management of their patient populations and enable more efficient use of evidence-based medicine. Built for care coordinators and care managers, the application will enable healthcare professionals to understand an individual and their health issues and then target specific interventions or bundles of services to improve their status. Caradigm Care Management is being developed in close collaboration with Geisinger Health Plan to use their proven insights to advance population health management.
- Get Real Health InstantPHR is an award-winning comprehensive patient engagement platform designed to help healthcare providers reduce non-reimbursable readmissions by improving patient care treatment compliance and improving patient literacy levels and overall satisfaction.
Revenue and Cost Optimization
- Caradigm Readmissions Management is designed to help organizations reduce avoidable and non-reimbursable hospital readmissions.
- CitiusTech Meaningful Use Quality – Eligible Professional and Meaningful Use Quality – Eligible Hospital applications provide a simple yet powerful set of business intelligence and reporting tools to help manage compliance with the Meaningful Use clinical quality measures requirements.
- CitiusTech ACO Quality provides powerful business intelligence and reporting tools and dashboards to measure and track physician and organizational performance on all ACO quality measures.
- CitiusTech ACO Utilization is designed to help organizations reduce the overall cost of care by streamlining internal processes and improving performance. The application provides a suite of industry-standard utilization management and financial tools to assess trends, metrics and influencers in the overall cost of care, including usage patterns for Emergency Department and Urgent Care facilities.
- GE Performance Solutions Guided Analytics is an analytics application that provides situational awareness, root cause identification, workflow support and performance management to help decrease inappropriate admissions to the Emergency Department.
- GE Performance Solutions AutoBed assists organizations in optimizing and predicting capacity resources (beds) to reduce wait times for patients who need to be admitted.
Healthcare Quality Improvement
- Caradigm solutions for Infection Tracking and Clinical Surveillance
- Infection Tracking offerings help healthcare organization identify cohorts of patients at risk of infection (Sepsis, Central Line-associated Bloodstream Infection, and Catheter-associated Urinary Tract Infection), proactively manage those patients, and facilitate timely interventions.
- Clinical Surveillance offerings help healthcare organization define cohorts of patient at risk for glycemic events or clinical deterioration (Modified Early Warning Score), provide early identification of those patients, and facilitate timely interventions.
- Partners Consulting Clinical Protocol Compliance is a protocol automation system that provides aggregated data with parameters for cost, risk and outcomes for ACO analysis and near real-time feedback for clinicians.
The Caradigm Intelligence Platform and select applications are available now, with additional applications becoming available in the second half of 2013.
Formed by GE Healthcare and Microsoft Corp. in June 2012, Caradigm is a 50–50 joint venture focused on enabling health systems and payers to drive continuous improvements in care. Caradigm software helps healthcare professionals across care settings to use data to gain critical insights, collaborate with each other and with patients, and to develop and implement innovative care solutions. Caradigm products—and applications built by partners to extend these products—give clinicians, administrators and finance teams timely access to key information, helping them to take steps to solve some of healthcare's biggest challenges, including chronic disease management, preventable hospital readmissions and hospital-acquired conditions, and to advance integrated, accountable care. Caradigm is headquartered in Bellevue, Wash. For more information about the company, visit http://www.caradigm.com.
Caradigm is a trademark of Caradigm USA LLC
More by this Source
Caradigm Releases Advanced Single Sign-On and Context Management Solutions
Sep 24, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.