LONDON, April 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "Unmatched mechanical & transport properties are the prime factors for the growth of the carbon nanotubes market"
The global carbon nanotubes market size is estimated to reach USD 5.64 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 20.1% between 2015 and 2020. The strong focus on imparting superior mechanical and transport properties are the prime factors for the growth of the carbon nanotubes market. Their ability to impart unique properties in every application is projected to fuel the overall demand for carbon nanotubes in the next five years.
"Electronics & Semiconductors is the largest application of carbon nanotubes"
Carbon nanotubes are used in various applications such as electronics & semiconductors, chemical & polymers, batteries & capacitors, energy, medical, composites, aerospace & defense, among others. In 2015, the electronics & semiconductors application segment accounted for the largest market share among all the applications, in terms of value. The aerospace & defense application is estimated to witness the highest CAGR between 2015 and 2020, in terms of volume.
"Rising demand from Asia-Pacific is the major driver for carbon nanotubes "
Asia-Pacific is the largest market for carbon nanotubes, in terms of volume, and is projected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The robust demand in Asia-Pacific is the major driving factor for the global carbon nanotubes market. China will lead the demand for carbon nanotubes and is also among the largest consumer of carbon nanotubes at the global level. The markets in other emerging economies such as Brazil, India, and Mexico are projected to grow rapidly.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted.
The break-up of primary interviews is given below.
• By Company Type - Tier 1 - 16 %, Tier 2 – 72 % and Others - 12 %
• By Designation - C level - 16%, Director level - 18%, Others - 66%
• By Region - North America - 29%, Europe - 28%, Asia-Pacific - 29%, RoW – 14%
The key companies profiled in this market research report are Arkema S.A. (France), Arry International Group LTD. (China), Carbon Solutions Inc. (U.S.), Cheap Tubes Inc. (U.S.), CNano Technology LTD. (U.S.), CNT COMPANY LTD. (Korea), Continental Carbon Company (U.S.), Hanwha Chemical Co. Ltd. (Korea), Hyperion Catalysis international Inc. (U.S.), KLEAN CARBON INC. (Canada), Kumho Petrochemical Company LTD. (South Korea), Nano-C Inc (U.S.), Nanocyl S.A. (Belgium), NanoIntegris Inc. (U.S.), NanoLab, Inc. (U.S.), Nanoshel LLC (U.S.), Nanothinx S.A. (Greece), Showa Denko K.K. (Japan), SouthWest NanoTechnologies Inc. (U.S.), Thomas Swan & Co. Ltd. (U.K.), and Toray Industries, Inc. (Japan).
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the carbon nanotubes market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across the different verticals and regions.
2. The report will help stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them with information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will help stakeholders to understand the competitors and gain more insights to better their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes new product developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3471782/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/carbon-nanotubes-market-by-type-single-walled--and-multi-walled-by-application-electronics--semiconductors-chemical--polymers-batteries--capacitors-energy-medical-application-advanced-materials-aerospace--defense-ot-300258975.html