SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Cardpool, Inc., a Blackhawk Network company and a leading gift card exchange company, has launched its first mobile application, providing a new platform for consumers to sell, buy, store and redeem discounted gift cards on their mobile phones.
iOS users who download the free Cardpool mobile app in the iTunes Store can buy pre-owned gift cards for top brands at a discount or earn cash by selling unused gift cards. Leveraging Blackhawk's proprietary technology, app users can also deliver gift cards directly to a digital wallet in order to redeem for web or in-store purchases and to keep track of gift card balances.
A recent consumer study on gift card exchanges* conducted by Blackhawk Network found that consumers are interested in going beyond traditional gift card usage and using exchanges to save money. In fact, 68 percent of those surveyed said that they would use gift card exchanges as a cost-savings method to purchase gift cards for their own use at favorite stores, restaurants, etc.
"Cardpool users are savvy shoppers who use the service to save—from major, one-time transactions to everyday purchases," said Patrick Ramsey, general manager, Cardpool. "Now, the Cardpool app allows our users to seamlessly complete the money-saving experience by purchasing a discounted gift card that's quickly delivered to their mobile wallet for redemption using their mobile phone. We are excited about the convenience and value our platform provides consumers and our partners."
Features of the Cardpool app include:
- Buying power: Save up to 35 percent on pre-owned gift cards from hundreds of retailers.
- Quick redemption: Gift card information may be stored in the app's mobile wallet, allowing for convenient redemption online or via mobile phone where accepted (some retailers may require the original gift card for in-store redemption).
- Balance tracking: Blackhawk's proprietary technology allows users to keep track of gift card balances in one spot. Users can easily upload closed loop gift cards to the wallet and access real-time gift card balances for supported gift cards.
- Electronic exchange sales: After accepting the quote for an unwanted gift card, conveniently sell it electronically to Cardpool—no need to mail in the card.
- Omni-channel support: The app supports a seamless shopping experience for users whether shopping online, from a desktop or mobile device or in a brick-and-mortar store.
Cardpool supports purchases and sales of gift cards through a variety of in-store partnerships, online marketplaces and mobile applications.
To download the Cardpool app or to learn more, visit the iTunes Store.
*About Blackhawk's Exchange Survey
Blackhawk's Exchange Survey is an Internet-based survey conducted by Blackhawk Network in September 2015. The sample size included 1,100 American respondents.
Cardpool, Inc., a Blackhawk Network, Inc. company, is a leading gift card exchange company where customers can buy discounted gift cards or sell gift cards for cash. Cardpool verifies the balance of each of its gift cards and offers the Cardpool Purchase Guarantee; see cardpool.com for terms and conditions. Cardpool also helps retailers provide their shoppers with these exchange services in their own physical stores or on retailer-branded sites. Cardpool provides a turn-key solution driving commerce for its partners, and retailers may integrate with the exchange services by using Cardpool's proprietary APIs. Headquartered in San Francisco, California; visit Cardpool at www.cardpool.com.
About Blackhawk Network
Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAWK) is a leading prepaid and payments global company, which supports the program management and distribution of gift cards, prepaid telecom products and financial service products in a number of different retail, digital and incentive channels. Blackhawk's digital platform supports prepaid across a network of digital distribution partners including retailers, financial service providers, and mobile wallets. For more information, please visit www.blackhawknetwork.com, www.giftcardmall.com, www.giftcards.com, www.giftcardlab.com or www.cardpool.com.
CONTACT: Amanda Meyer firstname.lastname@example.org 303-525-0520
SOURCE Cardpool, Inc.