Cargill at IBIE 2013
Cargill booth will feature themes of childhood nutrition and sustainability
MINNEAPOLIS, Oct. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cargill will showcase new ingredients and ideas for creating breakthrough products at the 2013 International Baking Industry Exposition (IBIE®), Oct. 6-9, at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Visitors to Cargill's booth (#9114) will learn more about how the company's solutions and technical expertise can enable formulation of more nutritious kid-friendly baked goods, indulgent and whole grain-rich items that can be enjoyed by the whole family, and solutions for more sustainable supply chains.
With a holistic approach in applying its broad ingredient portfolio and formulation expertise, Cargill food scientists have developed great tasting kid-friendly bakery items that contain less sodium, sugar and fat, and more whole grains, fiber and protein in accordance with specific childhood nutrition standards:
- Whole grain chocolate chip cookies, featuring Horizon Milling® WheatSelect® white spring whole wheat flour, Clear Valley® shortening, Safar™ modified food starch, Truvia® stevia leaf extract, Oliggo-Fiber® chicory root fiber, and Wilbur® S833 semisweet chocolate drops, are a great-tasting treat that meets the Children's Food and Beverage Advertising Initiative (CFBAI) standards for grain items and U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Smart Snacks in Schools criteria. Made with 10 grams of whole grains, one serving of cookies is also a good source of fiber.
- Whole grain reduced sodium pizza popper, featuring FlakeSelect® potassium chloride, Prolia® soy flour and Horizon Milling® WheatSelect® white spring whole wheat flour, meet CFBAI standards for mixed dishes and contain 40% less sodium per serving than regular sausage pizza. One serving delivers 22 grams of whole grains.
- Chocolaty peanut butter protein granola bar featuring MaizeWise® whole grain corn, Oliggo-Fiber® chicory root fiber, Wilbur® 854 dark protein compound coating and Wilbur® Y985 protein cocoa confectionery drops, meets CFBAI standards for grain items. One serving delivers a good source of protein and fiber, as well as 9 grams of whole grains for on-the-go nutrition that kids will enjoy.
- Sprouted whole wheat bread sticks, featuring Horizon Milling's new sprouted whole wheat flour, meets CFBAI standards for grain category and USDA's Smart Snacks in Schools criteria. One serving of bread sticks provides a good source of fiber. At 30 grams of whole grains per serving, these breadsticks also qualify for the 100% Whole Grain Stamp.
- Peanut butter spread, featuring Oliggo-Fiber® chicory root fiber, is a perfect complement to the sprouted whole wheat bread stick. This kid-approved sandwich filling or snack meets CFBAI standards for nut butters and spreads and USDA's Smart Snacks in Schools criteria, and is also a good source of fiber.
At IBIE®, Cargill will also demonstrate some great tasting indulgent and savory foods that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
- Chocolate chip cookie, featuring Horizon Milling® WheatSelect® white spring whole wheat flour, Clear Valley® shortening and Wilbur® B558 semisweet chocolate drops. For parents seeking creative ways to increase whole grains in their family's diets, this great-tasting treat is made with 8 grams of whole grains per serving.
- Chocolate cupcake with salted caramel icing, featuring TransEnd™ shortening, palm oil, Cargill® Sea Salts, Peter's® caramels and Gerkens® cocoa powder, is an on-trend idea for an indulgent treat.
Made with whole grains:
- Blueberry streusel muffin with whole grains, featuring MaizeWise® whole grain corn flour, Horizon Milling WheatSelect® white spring whole wheat flour and Clear Valley® 65 high oleic canola oil provides 9 grams of whole grains per serving.
- Blueberry cinnamon breakfast biscuits, featuring Horizon Milling's defatted wheat germ and WheatSelect® white spring whole wheat flour, Cargill® Sea Salt and Clear Valley® high oleic canola oil, deliver a good source of fiber and 10 grams of whole grains per serving.
- Jalapeno corn roll, featuring MaizeWise® whole grain corn flour and Horizon Milling® WheatSelect® white spring whole wheat flour, provides 11 grams of whole grains per serving in a satisfying savory snack or side dish.
Additionally, customers can learn about how the bakery industry can take advantage of the following programs designed to enable more responsible supply chains:
- The Cargill Cocoa Promise, aimed at promoting sustainable cocoa production, focuses on three areas: training farmers, supporting farming communities and investing in the long-term sustainable production of cocoa.
- Cargill has pledged to supply its customers in Europe, United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand with palm oil certified by the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil and/or originated from smallholder growers by 2015 (this excludes palm kernel oil products). This commitment will be extended to cover 100 percent of our palm oil products and all customers worldwide – including China and India – by 2020.
- Horizon Milling's EcoFlour™ sustainability solutions can help bakery customers satisfy growing consumer demand for eco-friendly products and meet their strategic sustainability goals. The customizable program utilizes precision agriculture to use fertilizer more efficiently to reduce energy inputs and improve yields.
- A responsible supply chain assessment tool can help food and beverage customers achieve their growth, cost reduction and risk mitigation goals by identifying, prioritizing and quantifying risks and opportunities in its supply chains.
Cargill will host a press conference (exclusively for members of the media) in its booth (#9114) at 11:00 a.m. on Mon., Oct. 7 to announce:
- Proprietary consumer research about parents' attitudes and purchase drivers when considering bakery items for their kids;
- The results of a new whole grain drivers of liking study; and
- Three new ingredients for the bakery marketplace.
If you are interested in attending, please contact Niki Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Founded in 1865, the privately held company employs 140,000 people in 65 countries. Cargill helps customers succeed through collaboration and innovation, and is committed to applying its global knowledge and experience to help meet economic, environmental and social challenges wherever it does business. For more information, visit Cargill.com and its news center.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.