NEW ORLEANS, Sept. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- All decked out and ready to go is how Sazerac describes its award-winning single barrel Canadian whisky, Caribou Crossing.
Packaged in a rich, royal blue bag and nestled inside an elegant gift box, this whisky is perfect for the upcoming holiday season. And it's not just pretty packaging, Caribou Crossing Single Barrel has won a multitude of awards since its introduction in 2010, including:
- A "93" rating from John Hansell at The Whisky Advocate
- Chairman's Trophy and "92" rating at the 2012 Ultimate Spirits Challenge
- Gold medal at the 2012 Los Angeles International Wine and Spirits Competition
- Silver medal at the 2012 New York World Wine and Spirits Competition
- "2010 Canadian Whisky of the Year" by canadianwhisky.org
- Double gold medal at the 2010 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Gold medal and "90" rating meaning "exceptional" from Tastings.com (Beverage Testing Institute)
- Silver medals and best in class at the 2010, 2011 and 2012 International Wine and Spirits Competition
The barrels used for Caribou Crossing were hand-selected by Sazerac's Canadian Whisky Maker Drew Mayville. He selected the most mature and flavor-rich samples available and oversaw the bottling of each individual barrel. Each bottle of Caribou Crossing has its own subtle uniqueness. Whisky buffs can expect to taste radiantly-hued nectar with a nod to the tantalizing silky texture provided by the barrel. The rye grain cuts through the wood flavors making its spicy presence known without risking the creamy vanilla custard smoothness. The finish is oak with an orangey tang.
Caribou Crossing Single Barrel Canadian Whisky is available at retail for $49.99 for a 750ml bottle.
About The Sazerac Company
Sazerac is based in New Orleans, Louisiana and is one of New Orleans' oldest family owned, privately held companies. The company has operations in New Orleans, Louisiana; Frankfort, Bardstown, Louisville and Owensboro, Kentucky; Fredericksburg, Virginia; Carson, California; Baltimore, Maryland; and Montreal, Canada. For more information, please visit www.sazerac.com.
SOURCE Sazerac Company