Category Disruptor Boll & Branch Proves A Set Of Sheets Can Change The World Consumer Response Supports Luxury Linens Maker's Mission to Restore Balance to the Textiles Category
CHATHAM, N.J., July 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Boll & Branch, makers of socially conscious ultra-premium home textiles, announced today the release of their 2014 First Half Impact Report – a compendium of the business opportunity and good will resulting from the company's first six months in business.
Since January, Boll & Branch has become one of the fastest-growing brands in the entire home textiles category. The new bedding brand sold thousands of sets of organic cotton sheets under the premise that Fair Trade costs are a moral obligation that shouldn't be passed on to the customer, as well as by accepting a healthy 50-60% margin, versus the 4-600% markup that is customary among leading textile brands. This business model enables the customer to actually pay far less than they would for designer products that often do not maintain acceptable ethical and environmental standards.
"Simply treating all people attached to our business with respect has helped us to exceed our own aggressive growth projections," said co-founder Scott Tannen. "When my wife, Missy, and I started this company, we did so with the belief that if we measure our success by the impact we make, sales and profits will ultimately take care of themselves. Already, Boll & Branch is demonstrating that it's possible to build a commercially successful business without marginalizing workers or price gouging customers."
Through their first six months of sales, the new company supported 5,394 people globally by:
- Paying Fair Trade-certified cotton prices to support 836 organic cotton farmers and their families in India.
- Farmers earn 15-20% higher pay.
- Farmers are able to sustain organic cotton farming – reducing significant health risks and costs associated with pesticides, meaning they are safer and more profitable.
- Farming cooperatives take the premiums paid for cotton and invest them back into the community.
- Supporting 250 mill workers with...
- Fair wages and medical insurance for all members of their families.
- Hot meals, round trip transportation, and only 8-hour work days.
- GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certified safe and sanitary factory conditions.
- Providing 4,308 rescued victims of human trafficking with a day and night of shelter, food, education and hope through their partnership with Not For Sale.
For more in-depth information and visuals, visit the Boll & Branch web site.
About Boll & Branch
Boll & Branch is a vertically integrated, socially conscious provider of ultra-premium home textiles made from 100% GOTS-certified organic cotton in Fair Trade-certified mills. Offering luxury bedding direct to the consumer online, Boll & Branch cuts out the middleman and high retail markup to provide the highest quality products at the best value. Founded in 2013 because everyone deserves a good night's sleep—from the customer to the farmer and textile worker—Boll & Branch is a private company headquartered in Chatham, N.J. For more information, visit www.bollandbranch.com.
Contact: Mara Flynn
SOURCE Boll & Branch