Causing a Ruckus in Rio at Futurecom 2013
Company's CEO to Deliver Keynote, with Latest Smart Wi-Fi Products and Technology for Carriers and Enterprises on Display
SUNNYVALE, Calif. and RIO DE JANEIRO, Oct. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- (FUTURECOM – Booth A22) – Ruckus Wireless, Inc. (NYSE: RKUS) announced today its participation next week at Futurecom, the largest annual IT and Telecom industry event in Latin America, being held this year from October 21st through the 24th at the RioCentro Exhibition & Convention Center. Ruckus Wireless president and CEO, Selina Lo, will be presenting the keynote, "Hotspot 2.0 is Hot for HetNets – The Next Big Thing for MNOs is Here" on Tuesday, October 22nd, at 10:10 a.m. local Brasilia time (BRT) in the Ipanema conference room.
The Wi-Fi Alliance (WFA) and Wireless Broadband Alliance (WBA) have been leading the Hotspot 2.0 effort to make adoption of Wi-Fi by mobile network operators (MNOs) seamless and easy to incorporate into their networks. With publicly-announced support by the world's two largest smartphone manufacturers, Samsung, with the launch earlier this year of their new Galaxy S4 model, and Apple, who announced support of Hotspot 2.0 in future iPhones earlier this year at their Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC), and who's release of the new iOS 7 provides support for 802.11u and Hotspot 2.0, they're both making it crystal clear to MNOs that the future for Hotspot 2.0 is now. Hotspot 2.0 is the major driver that's enabling Heterogeneous Networks (HetNets) for MNOs, and Ruckus is leading the charge in support of its proliferation, which will greatly improve the user experience for the millions of people using mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
Ruckus will be demonstrating its SmartCell™ Architecture portfolio of products and technologies, a wide range of new carrier-class Smart Wi-Fi products—key ingredients service providers can utilize to quickly and easily inject capacity into their networks. Macro cellular networks are no longer sufficient to meet subscriber demand in many high-density indoor and outdoor settings. While new macro cellular technology, such as long-term evolution (LTE), continues to be introduced worldwide to address this capacity crunch, it can only provide partial relief, as traffic volumes continue to grow faster than operators can economically add capacity.
It's Hot—Ruckus SmartCell Architecture
The Ruckus SmartCell Architecture is the company's unique recipe for creating carrier class Wi-Fi networks to deal with the densification challenge sweeping the industry. Ruckus SmartCell Architecture delivers a wide range of options for Wi-Fi integration that best suit existing mobile operator, MSO, and fixed line infrastructures—addressing all aspects of a network deployment—radio access, network control, subscriber management and value added services. Ultimately, the Ruckus SmartCell Architecture enables a highly scalable system for service providers to allow the seamless transition of users between 3G/4G and Wi-Fi.
Ruckus SmartCell Architecture products and technologies on display at Futurecom will include:
- Ruckus SmartCell™ Gateway (SCG) 200: The most scalable WLAN controller on the market supporting 10,000 access points (APs) per instance in a cluster architecture, the SCG is the only platform that integrates 3GPP gateway functions, allowing mobile operators to integrate Smart Wi-Fi into their existing mobile core to leverage infrastructure services such as authentication and billing, already in place. The Ruckus SCG 200 is also WFA CERTIFIED Passpoint™ technology.
- Ruckus SmartCell 8800 Series: Represents a completely new class of outdoor access point technology designed specifically to address the capacity and siting challenges mobile operators face in deploying HetNets in dense urban environments. It is the first high-performance dual-band 802.11n outdoor AP with integrated LTE (or 3G) small cell support. By integrating this capability into the SC 8800, the mobile operator can provide both a Wi-Fi and LTE (or 3G) underlay to offload heavily congested macro cellular networks in dense urban environments.
- Ruckus ZoneFlex™ 7982 Series: Recently selected by a consortium of four Latin America mobile network operators, including Claro, Oi, Telefónica, and TIM as a key part of providing high-speed wireless access within two of Brazil's largest soccer stadiums, the ZoneFlex 7982 Series is a family of four new, high-capacity access points designed to give service providers unprecedented capacity and performance. With models supporting omni-directional antennas, 120º sectorized, and 30x30º narrow-beam coverage through integrated internal antennas as well as external antenna options, ZoneFlex 7982 APs offer a unique combination of high performance and flexibility in a sleek, low profile, light form factor essential for meeting the tight mechanical and aesthetic constraints of deployment outdoors.
- Ruckus ZoneFlex 7781CM: Designed for multiple system operators (MSOs), the Ruckus ZoneFlex 7781CM can be strand-mounted on aerial cable plant or it can be pedestal, wall or pole mounted as required. The ZoneFlex 7781CM with integrated DOCSIS modem technology allows Wi-Fi traffic to be backhauled over the Hybrid Fiber Coaxial (HFC) cable plant and powered from the cable plant at the same time. It can increase subscriber gain by as much as 6 dB and interference mitigation by as much as 15 dB, both of which are important in high-density applications.
Leading the Way for Enterprise WLANs
Additionally, Ruckus Wireless was recently named a Leader in the "IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise WLAN 2013-2014 Vendor Analysis" (doc #243354, September 2013). The IDC study assessed a wide variety of vendors participating in the enterprise wireless LAN (WLAN) market, evaluating each vendor based on a comprehensive framework and set of parameters that assessed vendors relative to one another and to those factors expected to be most conducive to success in the enterprise WLAN market, for both the short and long term.
Industry-leading Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi products and technologies on display at Futurecom for enabling enterprise WLANs will include:
- Ruckus ZoneFlex 7372: One of the industry's best performing, mobile-ready, 2-stream access points, this 2x2:2 dual-band (2.4 and 5 GHz) concurrent access point is designed for high density mobile device environments with bandwidth hungry and latency sensitive applications such as voice and video over Wi-Fi. The ZoneFlex 7372 boasts Ruckus patented adaptive antennas enhanced with polarization diversity to deliver BeamFlex™+. This technology works in conjunction with Ruckus' advanced channel optimization to provide industry-leading wireless performance. BeamFlex+ combines dynamic polarization diversity with adaptive antenna arrays and transmit beamforming to give customers up to a 4x improvement in Wi-Fi performance, signal gain and reception.
- Ruckus ZoneFlex 7055: This dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi wall switch is the first of its kind in the world as the only integrated solution in the industry to offer the simultaneous operation of 2.4 and 5 GHz 802.11n Wi-Fi along with wireless meshing. The ZoneFlex 7055 Wi-Fi wall switch gives hotel and resort operators an elegant, low-cost and inconspicuous solution that leverages their existing wired infrastructure, while enabling the delivery of high-speed Wi-Fi to support an ever-expanding assortment of IP-based guest services over multiple virtual LANs (VLANs).
- Ruckus ZoneDirector™ Controller Series: The Ruckus ZoneDirector 5000, 3000, and 1100 are Smart wireless LAN controllers that deliver a comprehensive set of wireless LAN features not found in other centrally-managed systems, for robust Wi-Fi network management, including: adaptive wireless meshing; sophisticated user access controls; automatic traffic redirection; integrated Wi-Fi client performance tools; elegant and simple guest networking functions; rogue AP detection and advanced Wi-Fi security features; flexible WLAN groups, and; extensive authentication support.
Ruckus Wireless will be exhibiting daily in its booth (A22), located in Pavilion #4 (in the Business Trade Show area) at the RioCentro Exhibition and Convention Center during Futurecom, from 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m. local Brasilia time (BRT) starting on Tuesday, October 22nd and continuing through Thursday, October 24th.
ABOUT RUCKUS WIRELESS
Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, Ruckus Wireless, Inc. (NYSE: RKUS) is a global supplier of advanced wireless systems for the rapidly expanding mobile Internet infrastructure market. The company offers a wide range of indoor and outdoor "Smart Wi-Fi" products to mobile carriers, broadband service providers, and corporate enterprises, and has approximately 27,300 end-customers worldwide. Ruckus technology addresses Wi-Fi capacity and coverage challenges caused by the ever-increasing amount of traffic on wireless networks due to accelerated adoption of mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Ruckus invented and has patented state-of-the-art wireless voice, video, and data technology innovations, such as adaptive antenna arrays that extend signal range, increase client data rates, and avoid interference, providing consistent and reliable distribution of delay-sensitive multimedia content and services over standard 802.11 Wi-Fi. For more information, visit http://www.ruckuswireless.com.
BeamFlex, SmartCell, Ruckus, Ruckus Wireless, ZoneDirector, and ZoneFlex are trademarks of Ruckus Wireless, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other product or company names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Interamerican Marketing Solutions
SOURCE Ruckus Wireless, Inc.
More by this Source
Ruckus Wireless to Present at the JMP Securities Technology Conference
Feb 27, 2014, 16:05 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.