AUSTIN, Texas and SAN JOSE, Calif., April 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Cavium, Inc., (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for cloud, data center, telco infrastructure, enterprise, wired and wireless networking, is demonstrating the company's comprehensive cloud computing, SDN and NFV solutions based on ThunderX 64-bit ARMv8 based SoC family and LiquidIO intelligent server adapters at OpenStack Summit 2016. The Summit will run for five days, Monday - Friday, April 25-29, 2016 at the Austin Convention center located in Austin, Texas.
The OpenStack Summit is the gathering of IT leaders, telco operators, cloud administrators, app developers and OpenStack contributors building the future of cloud computing. Based on the tremendous reception at OpenStack Vancouver and Tokyo Summits, Cavium continues to build momentum at the Austin summit and will showcase highly optimized platforms based on our award-winning ThunderX and LiquidIO product lines.
Cavium will showcase the following product demonstrations in booth D17:
- ThunderX®: 64–bit ARMv8 based SoC family of workload optimized processors with a range of SKUs and form factors optimized for cloud computing and NFV, which include volume compute, storage, secure compute and networking specific workloads.
- Canonical to demonstrate OpenStack running on Cavium's ThunderX reference platform with key cloud workloads and Ubuntu based tools including MAAS and JuJu.
- Software Ecosystem partners supporting ThunderX including Canonical, Red Hat and SUSE
- LiquidIO®: Intelligent Server adapters accelerating network performance for SDN and NFV application by offloading Open vSwitch and standard Overlay tunnel protocols with OpenStack API services and plugins. Cloud data centers benefit with additional high performance security and storage offloads including IPsec protocol acceleration with the highest performance and lowest CPU utilization.
- OpenStack demo running Open Virtual Switch 2.4 with VxLAN offload
To schedule a meeting during OpenStack Summit with Cavium, please contact your local sales account manager or Lilly Ly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About Cavium, Inc.
Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing in enterprise, data center, cloud and wired and wireless service provider applications. Cavium offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software-compatible processors ranging in performance from 100 Mbps to 100 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access and service provider equipment. Cavium's processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium's principal office is in San Jose, CA with design team locations in California, Massachusetts, India and China. For more information, please visit: http://www.cavium.com.
LiquidIO and ThunderX are registered trademarks of Cavium, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. © Cavium, Inc. 2016.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cavium-to-demonstrate-comprehensive-cloud-computing-sdn-and-nfv-solutions-at-openstack-summit-2016-300256514.html
SOURCE Cavium, Inc.