Cedar Point celebrates freedom with special offers for military, fun for all
SANDUSKY, Ohio, June 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cedar Point amusement park will pay tribute to the military men and women who make this country great next Thursday and all weekend long during the park's Fourth of July festivities, which include free admission for members of the U.S. Armed Forces, picnics, extended hours and a dazzling display of fireworks!
Here are five great reasons to celebrate independence at the Roller Coaster Capital of the World:
- Big savings for military families. From July 4-7, Cedar Point offers free admission to all active, retired or honorably-discharged members of the U.S. Armed Forces with valid military identification. Their immediate family members (spouse and children) can also purchase discounted tickets at the regular military rate of $39.99, saving $15 per ticket.
- All-American picnics. There's no reason to cook on a hot summer day when guests can enjoy Picnic at the Point, a home-style buffet from 4-6 p.m. July 4-7 in Cedar Point's Coral Courtyard. The menu includes fried chicken, hot dogs, Johnsonville brats, potato salad, baked beans, baked rigatoni, cookies, ice cream, and ice-cold Coca-Cola beverages. Tickets can be purchased online at cedarpoint.com for the best deals or at any ticket booth. Picnic at the Point tickets are just $10.99 for juniors and seniors and $13.99 for anyone between the ages of 3-61 who is 48 inches or taller in shoes. Combo tickets including park admission are also available online for $32.99 for juniors and seniors and $49.99 for adults— just $5 more than the cost of a regular online admission ticket! Guests can also enjoy their Johnsonville brats a la carte from the Big Taste Grill, with deals throughout the day July 4-7. Stop by to watch the Grill Master in action near Top Thrill Dragster, Cedar Point's tallest and fastest roller coaster, towering 420 feet above the ground!
- Fabulous fireworks. Cedar Point will illuminate its 364-acre park and beach with a spectacular fireworks display beginning at 10:30 p.m. Thursday, July 4. The park's 72 rides and attractions, including 16 roller coasters, provide the perfect backdrop to watch the show.
- Extended hours. Cedar Point stays open from 10 a.m. until midnight on July 4-6, giving guests a few extra hours to enjoy their favorite rides and attractions, including the new record-breaking wing roller coaster, GateKeeper!
- A chance to win. This summer, one lucky guest will win a John Deere Z 235 EZtrak mower! From now through July 31, guests can fill out entry forms at the Guest Services office, Camper Village or Town Hall Museum or enter online at cedarpoint.com.
Cedar Point opened for its 144th season on Saturday, May 11, and will be open daily through Labor Day, Sept. 2, plus Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays, Sept. 6 through Oct. 27. For a complete operating calendar and more information about the 2013 operating season, guests can log on to www.cedarpoint.com or call the park's general information line at (419) 627-2350.
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and check out our YouTube channel to stay in touch.
SOURCE Cedar Point amusement park
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.