Central Florida Urban League Announces New Board of Directors Members
ORLANDO, Fla., Dec. 20, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Central Florida Urban League (CFUL,) a community-based agency whose mission is to assist Central Floridians in achieving social and economic equality, has appointed five new board members to its board of directors.
Orlando business leaders joining the agency's board include:
- Dick Batchelor , President, DBMG, Inc.
- Bob Billingslea , Vice President Urban Affairs , The Walt Disney Company (retired)
- Reagan Rick , President & CEO - Central & North Florida, Fifth Third Bank
- Derek Jones , President – East Central Florida, Wells Fargo Bank
- Eddie Francis , Partner -Lowndes, Drosdick, Doster, Kantor & Reed, P.A.
The move continues the non-profit organization's tradition of tapping leaders from Central Florida's business community to support its efforts to serve and empower communities in need. CFUL, like other non-profits depends on its Board to shape policy and help raise funds to support the organization. These new Board members bring expertise and good judgment in both of these critical areas
"We are delighted to welcome our newly-appointed board members," said Allie L. Braswell, Jr. , CFUL President and CEO. "Their dedication and passion will only enhance the efforts of our returning members to support Central Florida Urban League's work with children and families in the communities we serve."
The following members will be returning to the Board of Directors for an additional term:
- Yolanda Cade , Managing Director of Public Relations/Chief Spokesperson, AAA (Board Chair)
- Richard Zahn CEO, ZMG Construction, Inc.
- Linda Landman-Gonzalez , Vice President Community Relations, Orlando Magic
- Wesley Harris , Florida District Plant Engineering Manager, UPS
- Leonard K. Spencer , Finance Manager, Walt Disney World Resort (Treasurer)
- Doug Hollis McDonald's Owner/Operator, Hollis Enterprises of Orlando
- Darnell Cadet President, Young Professionals
At CFUL's annual Vision Breakfast held recently at Downtown Orlando's Citrus Club, Mr. Braswell spoke about the agency's focus on its four programmatic areas of empowerment: Health Empowerment, Economic Empowerment, Personal Empowerment and Youth Empowerment. These areas will lead the agency's work in the coming year.
"Our new board members will bring to the Central Florida Urban League board fresh perspectives and approaches to our work that reflect our increasingly strategic focus around positioning the organization for the future," said Yolanda Cade , managing director of Public relations for AAA and newly-elected Chairman of the CFUL Board of Directors. "I'm also inspired by our returning members' unwavering, long-time commitment to CFUL and its mission. These board members, as well as those who served previously, have demonstrated remarkable leadership to help produce lasting change. We are very pleased to welcome both of these groups to CFUL's board."
Also serving on the CFUL's 2012 Board of Advisors to the CFUL CEO are:
- Carolyn Fennell , Greater Orlando Aviation Authority
- Thomas Chatmon , Downtown Development Board
- Tony Thompson , PNC Bank
- Roxanne Amoroso , Bank of America
- Bishop Allen Wiggins , The Hope Church
- Michael Lewellen , Heart of Florida United Way (Immediate Past Board Chair)
ABOUT CENTRAL FLORIDA URBAN LEAGUE
The Central Florida Urban League (formerly known as the Metropolitan Orlando Urban League) was founded on August 5, 1977 and chartered as a national organization on May 28, 1978. An affiliate of the National Urban League, the chapter was created by respected community leaders who believed that Orlando's African-American community would benefit from professional, economic, and social support. Today, more than 40,000 residents have benefited from the Central Florida Urban League's various empowerment programs. For more information, please visit www.cful.org
SOURCE Central Florida Urban League
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.