WASHINGTON, Sept. 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- One month before Election Day, Chant4Change presents a multicultural, multi-denominational, nine-hour music and spirit festival at the Lincoln Memorial, all happening between 1 pm and 10 pm on Oct. 8. The event is dedicated to healing and uniting the nation through song, prayer and devotion.
More than a dozen leading artists and thinkers will perform sacred music and give talks focused on countering the messages of hate and division that have dominated the 2016 election season.
- Grammy-winning Sweet Honey in the Rock, an a-capella gospel/jazz/spiritual ensemble that has inspired audiences worldwide.
- "Kirtan Rabbi" Andrew Hahn, who performs mystical Hebrew chants in dreamy loops and hypnotic world rhythms.
- Gaura Vani, whose audience-engaging world beat/Kirtan sounds reflect his upbringing at Hindu - Hare Krishna ashrams worldwide.
- Jai Uttal, a Grammy-nominated pioneer in the world music community.
- Fanna-FI Allah, a Sufi Muslim group whose ecstatic, trance-like vibe celebrates the love of the Divine through poetry.
- MC Yogi, a musical pioneer who has created a new genre of yoga-inspired hip hop.
Others appearing at the donation-based, non-profit festival include Mikey Pauker, Ajeet Kaur and Cherokee musician and storyteller Yona FrenchHawk. Confirmed presenters include Radhanath Swami, author of the New York Times best-seller, "The Journey Within," and Yoga Alliance Chief Ambassador Andrew Tanner.
On the same steps where Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his powerful, "I Have a Dream," speech 53 years ago, Chant4Change offers a beautiful reminder to the world that mankind can and must live in harmony together.
Visit http://www.chant4change.com to become a sponsor, to volunteer, and to pledge to attend.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/chant4change-announces-oct-8-artist-lineup-to-heal-the-nation-300325868.html