Charter Backs Up Commitment to a Better Experience With New Customer Guarantee Charter team holds themselves accountable for delivering the products and service their customers deserve
ST. LOUIS, March 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- For the past two years, Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR) has been making meaningful changes to its operations that directly improve the quality and consistency of its customers' overall experience. Today, Charter is announcing the national launch of the Charter ALL IN Customer Guarantee to assure customers that the company will deliver what it says it will, backed with firm financial commitments.
With its powerful broadband network, Charter has been recognized as the fastest Internet service provider(1). The company has made significant investments in its network to provide more robust product capabilities and enhance reliability. The launch of the Customer Guarantee becomes the tangible cornerstone for customers to be assured of a strong and lasting commitment by Charter to provide best-in-class products and service.
"Put simply, we're putting our money where our mouth is and holding ourselves accountable to deliver the best customer experience," said John Birrer, Senior Vice President, Customer Experience. "We stand behind our products and services, and we're providing more tools and resources to our teams so they can make each customer experience great. We're approaching our business differently, always putting customers' needs first."
"Today, our products are more robust and our network is more reliable than ever. We're executing on a 2-hour arrival window and delivering a great customer experience on many fronts," said Steve Apodaca, Charter's President, Operations. "We're committed to delivering a great experience, and the Customer Guarantee sets standards of what customers should expect from us, and what we'll do to make up for it if something goes wrong along the way."
The Charter ALL IN Customer Guarantee makes four key commitments to customers:
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
We believe in our people, our products and in providing our customers with exceptional service. We're confident you will be completely satisfied with your Charter experience. If for any reason you are not satisfied with a Charter service within the first 30 days, we'll give you your money back.
Service Experience Guarantee
We want you to enjoy doing business with us and we'll deliver on our commitments to you. We'll arrive during your scheduled appointment window and we'll complete your service call on the first visit, or we'll provide you a $20 credit.
We know that reliable service is important to you. Charter delivers outstanding service and reliability with a robust network. If you are without service for more than 24 hours, you'll receive a $20 credit upon request.
We are committed to providing cutting-edge technology and ongoing enhancements, including increased Internet speeds and more HD and On Demand choices. We'll provide functionality and improvements you may not have even imagined yet. At Charter, we never stop working to bring you additional value in your services.
Restrictions apply for all Guarantees. See charter.com/guarantee for complete details.
The Charter ALL IN Customer Guarantee is in effect beginning March 12. Customer concerns or issues not defined in the Customer Guarantee will continue to be handled in accordance with existing practices.
Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR) is a leading broadband communications company and the fourth-largest cable operator in the United States. Charter provides a full range of advanced broadband services, including advanced Charter TV® video entertainment programming, Charter Internet® access, and Charter Phone®. Charter Business® similarly provides scalable, tailored, and cost-effective broadband communications solutions to business organizations, such as business-to-business Internet access, data networking, business telephone, video and music entertainment services, and wireless backhaul. Charter's advertising sales and production services are sold under the Charter Media® brand. More information about Charter can be found at charter.com.
CAUTIONARY STATEMENT REGARDING FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS
This release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"), and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the "Exchange Act"), regarding, among other things, our plans, strategies and prospects, both business and financial. Although we believe that our plans, intentions and expectations reflected in or suggested by these forward-looking statements are reasonable, we cannot assure you that we will achieve or realize these plans, intentions or expectations. Forward-looking statements are inherently subject to risks, uncertainties and assumptions including, without limitation, the factors described under "Risk Factors" from time to time in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"). Many of the forward-looking statements contained in this release may be identified by the use of forward-looking words such as "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "should," "planned," "will," "may," "intend," "estimated," "aim," "on track," "target," "opportunity," "tentative," "positioning" and "potential," among others. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements we make in this release are set forth in other reports or documents that we file from time to time with the SEC, and include, but are not limited to:
- our ability to sustain and grow revenues and free cash flow by offering video, Internet, telephone, advertising and other services to residential and commercial customers, to adequately meet the customer experience demands in our markets and to maintain and grow our customer base, particularly in the face of increasingly aggressive competition, the need for innovation and the related capital expenditures and the difficult economic conditions in the United States;
- the development and deployment of new products and technologies;
- the impact of competition from other market participants, including but not limited to incumbent telephone companies, direct broadcast satellite operators, wireless broadband and telephone providers, and digital subscriber line ("DSL") providers and competition from video provided over the Internet;
- general business conditions, economic uncertainty or downturn, high unemployment levels and the level of activity in the housing sector;
- our ability to obtain programming at reasonable prices or to raise prices to offset, in whole or in part, the effects of higher programming costs (including retransmission consents);
- the effects of governmental regulation on our business;
- the availability and access, in general, of funds to meet our debt obligations, prior to or when they become due, and to fund our operations and necessary capital expenditures, either through (i) cash on hand, (ii) free cash flow, or (iii) access to the capital or credit markets; and
- our ability to comply with all covenants in our indentures and credit facilities, any violation of which, if not cured in a timely manner, could trigger a default of our other obligations under cross-default provisions.
All forward-looking statements attributable to us or any person acting on our behalf are expressly qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. We are under no duty or obligation to update any of the forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
(1) Named Nation's Fastest Internet in 2011 by pcmag.com.
SOURCE Charter Communications, Inc.