SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Dec. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Axon, a business unit of TASER International (NASDAQ: TASR) and the global leader in digital evidence management solutions with the leading body-worn camera, today announced multiple large orders of its body-worn video cameras and digital evidence management solution, Evidence.com. These orders were received in the fourth quarter of 2016 and will be shipped in the fourth quarter of 2016 and first quarter of 2017.
Significant orders were received from the following domestic agencies:
- Chesterfield County Police Department (VA): 450 Flex 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com on the Officer Safety Plan. Order also includes 450 TASER® X2™ Smart Weapons.
- Chattanooga Police Department (TN): 360 Axon Body 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com with Signal technology.
- Garland Police Department (TX): 334 Axon Body 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com on the Officer Safety Plan. Order also includes Axon Interview, Axon Five and Fleet.
- Orange County Sheriff's Office (FL): 200 Axon Flex cameras with five years of Evidence.com. Add-on order.
- Winston-Salem Police Department (NC): 203 Axon Body 2 and Flex cameras with five years of Evidence.com on the Officer Safety Plan.
- Grand Prairie Police Department (TX): 200 Axon Body 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com on the Officer Safety Plan.
- Newport News County Sheriff's Office (VA): 160 Axon Body 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com on the Officer Safety Plan.
- Fort Collins Police Department (CO): 130 Axon Body 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com on the Officer Safety Plan.
- Lafayette Police Department (LA): 95 Axon Body 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com.
- Provo City Police Department (UT): 80 Axon Body 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com on the Unlimited Plan.
- University of Cincinnati Public Safety (OH): 80 Axon Body 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com on the Officer Safety Plan.
- University of Texas - Austin (TX): 80 Axon Body 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com.
- Wayne County Airport Police Department (MI): 73 Axon Body 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com on the TASER Assurance Plan.
- Chatham County Sheriff's Office (GA): 70 Axon Body 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com on the Officer Safety Plan.
To date, more than 100,000 licenses have been contracted on the Axon network worldwide. The Axon network seamlessly integrates devices and apps to enable powerful capabilities for building safer communities. The Axon network includes:
- Smart Devices – Body cameras and in-car video that leverage technology such as Bluetooth® wireless technology and Wi-Fi® to better track and manage data
- Mobile Apps – Evidence management for iOS and Android devices with Axon View and Axon Capture
- Unified and Integrated Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS) – One platform that removes siloed DEMS through cloud computing, integrations across media points, and open file standards that do not require proprietary file formats or media players
- Forensic Suite Tools – Forensic analysis via Axon Five and Axon Detect and proprietary video format conversion via Axon Convert
- Connected Ecosystem – From capture to courtroom, securely share and track digital evidence across public safety stakeholders
- Digital Verification and Audit Logs – Record every interaction with any piece of digital evidence including capture, ingest, retrieve, manage, and share
- Advanced Security – Industry–leading people, practices, and products that comply with CJIS at both the infrastructure and application layers and ISO/IEC 27001
Follow the TASER and Axon brand here:
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AxonTechnology
- Axon on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Axon/117780381886687
- TASER on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its electrical weapons. TASER continues to define smarter policing with its Axon brand which includes a growing suite of connected products and services from body cameras and digital evidence management tools to mobile apps. More than 176,000 lives have been saved from death or serious injury with TASER's products and services. Learn more at www.taser.com and www.axon.io or by calling (800) 978-2737.
TASER® is a registered trademark of TASER International, Inc., registered in the U.S. TASER logo, Axon, Axon Flex, Body 2 and Evidence.com are trademarks of TASER International, Inc., some of which are registered in the US and in other countries. Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Wi-Fi is registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance.
Flex 2 has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained. TASER expects to receive FCC authorization in the fourth quarter of 2016.
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.taser.com, www.twitter.com/officialtaser, and https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International where TASER discloses information from time to time about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at:
For investor relations information please contact Arvind Bobra by via email at IR@taser.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/chattanooga-chesterfield-and-garland-police-departments-deploy-body-cameras-with-evidencecom-from-axon-300383956.html
SOURCE TASER International, Inc.