Cheers Magazine Presents 2009 Cheers Beverage Excellence Awards
The on-premise industry's highest honors for beverage alcohol program operators.
Twelve program awards and two individual awards were presented by
The 2009 Cheers Beverage Excellence Award winners are:
- Best Chain Beverage Menu (sponsored by Island Oasis): Interstate Hotels and Resorts
- Best Chain Beverage Merchandising (sponsored by Diageo): Hyatt
- Best Chain Signature Drink (sponsored by Diageo): Melting Pot
- Best Chain Drink Program (sponsored by Skyy Spirits LLC): InterContinental Hotels
- Best Chain Beer Program (sponsored by Anheuser-Busch): ESPN Zone
- Best Chain Spirits Program (sponsored by Pernod Ricard USA): Morton's
- Best Chain Wine Program (sponsored by Trinchero Family Estates): Legal Sea Foods
- Best Chain Adult Alcohol-Free Drink Program (sponsored by Monin Gourmet Flavorings): Red Robin
- Best Chain Responsible Alcohol Service Training Program (sponsored by the Diamond Sponsors of the Cheers Beverage Conference): Buffalo Wild Wings
- Best Chain Hotel Beverage Program (sponsored by Moet Hennessey USA): Marriott
- Best Chain Multi-Concept Beverage Program (sponsored by American Beverage Marketers): HMS Host
- Best Chain Overall Beverage Program (sponsored by Beam Global Spirits & Wine): Legal Sea Foods
- Raising the Bar Award (sponsored by the Cheers Editorial Team):
Stephen Beaumont, author and owner of Toronto's beerbistro, a premier destination for creative beer cuisine
- Beverage Industry Innovator of the Year (sponsored by Brown Forman):
Doug Frost, Master Sommelier, Master of Wine, and director of America's Best Wine List.
The awards program is open to all chain restaurants. A chain is defined as an operation with five or more locations in two or more markets. The chain must be in existence for at least three years. The criteria for these awards are a particular program's creativity, originality and impact on the sales and profitability of a full-service restaurant operation. Other factors considered are the level of marketing support, staff training and overall operator commitment to the initiative that lead to its success. Entries were evaluated by a judging panel that includes previous Beverage Excellence Award winners and Cheers staff.
Contact: Deborah A. Garbato Cheers magazine (917) 862-5206 firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Cheers magazine