Chelmsford Public School District Paves the Way for 21st Century Learning with Enterasys Networks
Partnership Supports School District's BYOD, Cloud and Online Testing Initiatives
SALEM, N.H., Sept. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With the onset of mobile, cloud and virtualization in classroom learning environments, it's critical for school districts to keep up with the ever-changing technology landscape. To support online testing initiatives and network integration, Chelmsford Public School District has partnered with Enterasys Networks, a Siemens Enterprise Communications Company, to deliver robust wired and wireless coverage. Enterasys' proven solutions interoperate with Chelmsford's multi-vendor network to power BYOD and online assessment readiness.
Chelmsford is actively preparing for technology requirements around Common Core online assessments and Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC). The school district has taken steps to increase the number of computers and iPads on the network to enable every student to take online tests at the same time.
- Located in Chelmsford, MA, the Chelmsford Public School District serves 5,800 students, faculty and staff at one pre-school, four elementary schools, two middle schools, one high school and school administration offices.
- Enterasys' OneFabric architecture allows Chelmsford's two-person IT staff to manage thousands of devices on the network across the school district's nine locations. Chelmsford required a solution to help manage BYOD and allowed staff to gain network access from home via the cloud.
- A reliable network was crucial for implementing the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) which would outfit older classrooms with 21st century technology such as iPads, Apple TVs, interactive white boards and document cameras.
- Enterasys' NetSight has reduced network management complexity by bringing the entire network into one, unified view. In addition, Enterasys' IdentiFi Wireless provides reliable Wi-Fi access so students and faculty have fast network access no matter where they are.
- On the new network, Chelmsford's IT team has been able to seamlessly support 47 applications running across the district and 33 different applications running on iPads.
Anne-Marie Fiore, Executive Director of Technology and Information Services, Chelmsford Public School District
"With the help of Enterasys, our wireless is bullet proof. To have 1,000 students connecting to the network with their own personal devices with no technical support issues is significant. Our staff has also embraced the new wireless network which has allowed the Chelmsford High School business department to move to an entirely digital curriculum using a combination of iPads and BYOD – paving the way for our other schools to follow suit. Enterasys has been a trusting partner as Chelmsford Public School District moves into the 21st century of learning."
Bob Nilsson, Director of Solutions Marketing, Enterasys Networks
"Chelmsford Public School District is a trailblazer in online testing and is taking the necessary steps in order to be prepared. Coupled with the proliferation of mobile applications and devices in the classroom, it was imperative that they had a stable network to support these key technology initiatives. With less time being spent managing the network, their small IT team is able to focus on other priorities."
- Enterasys K-12 Solutions
- Chelmsford Public Schools Case Study
- Enterasys Social Media Newsroom
- Connect with Enterasys via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
About Enterasys Networks and Siemens Enterprise Communications
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a leading global provider of unified communications (UC) solutions and network infrastructure for enterprises of all sizes. Leveraging 160 years of experience, we deliver innovation and quality to the world's most successful companies, backed by a world-class services portfolio which includes international multi-vendor managed and outsourcing capabilities.
Our OpenScape communications solutions provide a seamless and efficient collaboration experience – on any device – which amplifies collective effort and dramatically improves business performance.
Together, our global team of UC experts and service professionals set the standards for a rich communications experience that empowers teams to deliver better results.
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a joint venture of The Gores Group and Siemens AG, and includes Enterasys Networks, a provider of network infrastructure and security solutions, creating a complementary and complete enterprise communications solutions portfolio.
Siemens Enterprise Communications GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
+1 603 952 5151
+1 617 624 3231
SOURCE Enterasys Networks
More by this Source
University of New Hampshire Pioneering Wi-Fi in Collegiate Arenas with Enterasys
Oct 22, 2013, 08:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.