NEW YORK, May 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The global chlor-alkali market size is estimated to reach USD 102.60 billion by 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 5.4% between 2016 and 2021. The drivers of the industry are identified as the rising demand for chlor-alkali products in the emerging markets, high demand from end-use industries, and high existing production capacities of chlor-alkali products.
"Highest demand comes from EDC/PVC, food and pulp & paper, and glass"
Among all the products of chlor alkali, EDC/ PVC, food and pulp & paper, and glass had the largest demand from chlorine, caustic soda, and soda ash, respectively. The demand from the glass application was over half of the global soda ash demand. It is also the fastest-growing segment for soda ash. EDC/PVC accounted for over one third of the global chlorine demand. The demand is rapidly growing in the emerging economies of the Middle East & Africa and Asia-Pacific. With the increasing market for packaged and processed food, the demand of soda ash in the food processing industry is also growing at a rapid rate.
"Rising demand in Asia-Pacific and the Middle East & Africa is the major driver for the chlor-alkali market "
The Middle East & Africa has already witnessed heavy investments in downstream chemicals. During the forecast period, some more investments on downstream petrochemicals and chemicals are expected, increasing the chlorine and caustic soda demand in the region. The low costs of production and abundant labor makes the region a favorable site for production facilities. The region is also strategically positioned to export in neighboring regions. In 2015, Asia-Pacific was the largest chlor-alkali market. The region is projected to register the highest growth rate, both in terms of value and volume, owing to high demand from the automotive, construction and chemical, and food processing industries. China is the largest market for chlor-alkali products, globally. The region also drives the market owing to the presence of emerging markets, availability of raw materials, and lower labor costs.
Extensive primary interviews were conducted to determine and verify the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research.
The break-up of primary interviews is given below.
- By Company Type - Tier 1 – 34%, Tier 2 – 33%, and others – 33%
- By Designation - C level – 12%, Director level – 25%, and others – 63%
- By Region - North America – 30%, Europe – 27%, Asia-Pacific – 32%, and RoW- 11%
The key companies profiled in this market research report are Olin Corporation (U.S.), Solvay S.A. (Belgium), Tata Chemicals Limited (India), Occidental Petroleum Corporation (U.S.), Axiall Corporation (U.S.), AkzoNobel N.V. (Netherlands), Formosa Plastic Corporation (Taiwan), Hanwha Chemical Corporation (Korea), Tosoh Corporation (Japan), Nirma Limited (India), and Tronox (U.S.).
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the chlor-alkali market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of market sizes for the overall market and subsegments across verticals and regions.
2. The report will help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will help stakeholders understand the major competitors and gain insights to enhance their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes expansions, new product developments, joint ventures, and mergers & acquisitions.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03825791-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/chlor-alkali-market-by-products-applications--region---global-forecast-to-2021-300270472.html