CIRI Announces the Certification Professional in Investor Relations (CPIR) Graduates
TORONTO, Oct. 30, 2012 /CNW/ - The Canadian Investor Relations Institute (CIRI) congratulates the Certified Professional in Investor Relations (CPIR) graduates. The following individuals have successfully completed the inaugural CIRI/Ivey Investor Relations Certification Program and CIRI's certification exam attaining the CPIR designation:
- Loui Anastasopoulos , Vice President, Business Development & Company Services, TMX Group Inc./Groupe TMX Inc.
- Jon Bey , President & CEO, Steel Rose Communications
- John Boidman , Vice President, Renmark Financial Communications
- Rob Buchanan , Director, Investor Relations, Royal Nickel Corporation
- Kettina Cordero, Manager, Investor Relations, Pan American Silver Corp.
- Tanis Feasby , Director, Financial Communications, Royal Bank of Canada
- Mary Lou Frazer , Senior Director, Investor & Financial Communications, Canadian Imperial Bank Of Commerce
- Nancy Goertzen , Principal, Nantucket Capital
- Mike Kruchten , Manager, Investor Relations, Parex Resources Inc
- Stephanie Lavoie , Vice President, Human Resources, Renmark Financial Communications
- Marc Lepage , Manager, Investor Relations, Claude Resources Inc.
- Linda Montgomery , Principal, L.K. Montgomery & Associates
- Paula Myson, Managing Director, Investor Relations & External Communications, Sherritt International Corporation
- Troy Nazarewicz , Investor Relations Manager, Fortune Minerals Limited
- Larissa Nourse , Manager, Corporate Communications, Pulse Seismic Inc.
- Henri Perron , President, Renmark Financial Communications
- Suzette N. Ramcharan , Manager, Investor Relations, St Andrew Goldfields Ltd.
- Christine Stewart , Vice President, Renmark Financial Communications
- Berk Sumen, Manager, Corporate Affairs, Terra Energy Corp.
- Laurie Thomas , Senior Specialist, Investor Relations Marketing, Cameco Corporation
- Jacqueline Wagenaar , Vice President, Corporate Communications, Guyana Goldfields Inc.
"These individuals have demonstrated their commitment to the investor relations profession by investing the time and effort in this rigorous 10-month program and successfully completing the certification exam," said Tom Enright , President and CEO of CIRI. "They have gained the knowledge and skills required to be a successful investor relations officer which will help to create greater awareness of the important role that IROs play in the capital markets".
"Every IRO role is not the same. We work in different industries, for different businesses and have different core responsibilities. What has been great about the CIRI/Ivey Certification Program is that it brings together what is core to being an IRO, regardless of where one works," said Mary Lou Frazer , CPIR and Senior Director, Investor & Financial Communications, Canadian Imperial Bank Of Commerce. "I have gained a broader understanding of what can and should be done by an IR team to help create and communicate shareholder value. The insights from the professors and the network of IR professionals I have met will be invaluable as I move forward in my career."
CIRI's mandate is to contribute to the transparency and integrity of the Canadian capital market by advancing the practice of investor relations, the professional competency of its members, and the stature of the profession. Recognizing that there was a need for formal education in the field of investor relations, CIRI developed a program with the Richard Ivey School of Business covering all relevant areas of this multi-disciplinary role including capital markets, corporate governance, securities law, finance and communications. Once individuals successfully complete the program, they write an exam offered through CIRI to become a Certified Professional in Investor Relations (CPIR). This is the first investor relations designation program in North America. To learn more about the CIRI/Ivey Investor Relations Certification Program or to apply for the 2013 program, click here.
To view the CPIR graduate announcement that appeared in today's edition of the National Post, click here.
CIRI is a professional, not-for-profit association of executives responsible for communication between public corporations, investors and the financial community. CIRI contributes to the transparency and integrity of the Canadian capital market by advancing the practice of investor relations, the professional competency of its members and the stature of the profession. With more than 600 members and four chapters across the country, CIRI is the voice of IR in Canada. For further information, please visit www.ciri.org.
SOURCE Canadian Investor Relations Institute
Image with caption: "Certified Professional in Investor Relations (CPIR) Graduates (CNW Group/Canadian Investor Relations Institute)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20121030_C3287_PHOTO_EN_19853.jpg
More by this Source
CIRI Transforms Canadian Investor Relations With New Virtual Education Across Canada
Feb 25, 2013, 14:43 ET
CIRI Welcomes Yvette Lokker as New President and CEO
Jan 09, 2013, 10:43 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.