Cirque du Soleil to Kick-Off March Tourism Convention with A Special Performance from KA and Special Guest Speaker
BURBANK, Calif., Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Furthering its significance as California's largest and most important annual conference for statewide travel and tourism professionals, the 31st Annual California Travel Summit,March 18-20, 2013, has just added Diane Quinn, Cirque du Soleil Vice President of Show Quality & Integrity, as the Guest Speaker for its Opening General Session.
Quinn, who is responsible for quality control and content implementation of all 18 Cirque du Soleil shows worldwide will present the opening general session keynote presentation/address, giving attendees a glimpse into the world of Cirque du Soleil, and its importance to the travel and tourism industry. The resident production of KÀ by Cirque du Soleil at MGM Grand in Las Vegas will deliver a special performance for the attendees on Monday, March 18.
"We are thrilled that Cirque du Soleil will be launching our March show with such an engaging and fascinating guest speaker and a special performance," said CalTravel President & CEO John Severini. "With four general sessions, 10 world class keynotes, eight workshops and networking, CTS is THE conference for all tourism professionals."
Other speakers during the 3-day Summit will include:
- Educator/athlete Murray Banks: "Reinvent, Reenergize, Refocus ... At Our Best In Tough and Changing Times";
- Visit California President & CEO and Chair-Elect, Board of Directors, Brand USA Caroline Beteta: "The California Brand Plan – Going Global and Keeping it Local";
- Noted tourism expert Suzanne Cook, Ph.D.: What's Driving U.S. & California Travel and What is Ahead?"
- Author/destination management consultant Bill Geist: "Seizing the Day & the Dollars";
- Marketing/Branding/Consumer Trends Expert and Author Kelly McDonald: "Changing Demographics and its Impact on Tourism";
- Best-selling author Dr. Jeff Salz: "The Adventure of Change ... Six Steps to Greatness in the Age of Transformation";
- Co-authors and productivity consultants Michael Valentine & Lynn Coffman: "The New Frontier of Work";
- Influence Expansion CEO Lena West: "Followers, Friends + Favorites: How the Rise of the Social Customer Is Impacting Destinations in Quite Unexpected Ways"; and
- Young Strategies, Inc. President Berkeley Young: "The Idea Brewery ... 50 Ideas in 50 Minutes".
For online registration and full information about the Summit, visit www.caltravel.org.
CalTravel is the unified voice for the California travel industry's political concerns. By advocating directly to the state legislature, the Governor's office, local and federal officials, businesses, and the public, CalTravel addresses issues that affect the state's tourism industry. CalTravel also aggressively seeks to ensure continued funding for Visit California.
KÀ by Cirque du Soleil is a heroic journey of love and conflict set within ever-changing theatrical landscapes that conjure an entire empire on stage. Presented exclusively at MGM Grand Las Vegas, KÀ unfolds on a colossal, 360-degree rotating stage which forms the backdrop for this cinematic journey of aerial adventure and perpendicular acrobatics. For more information visit www.ka.com. Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/KA and Tweet us: @Cirque #KA. For group sales, visit www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/corporate/groups.aspx.
SOURCE California Travel Association