Class-D stereo amplifier triples power output for ultrabooks and Bluetooth speakers
TI's 7-W amplifier in small QFN package produces louder, clearer sound
DALLAS, Oct. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced a Class-D stereo amplifier that produces size-defying sound for ultrabooks, Bluetooth® speakers, and tablet and ultrabook docking stations. The TPA3131D2 is the industry's first Class-D amplifier to deliver 7 W from a miniature QFN package. It produces more than three times the power output compared to high definition audio (HDA) codecs, and it's half the package size of discrete amplifiers with comparable output, while delivering longer standby battery life. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/tpa3131d2-pr.
Key features and benefits of the TPA3131D2:
- Size-defying sound: 7-W stereo output provides more than three times the power output of 2-W HDA codecs, enabling louder, crisper sound from ultrabooks and Bluetooth speakers.
- Package fits ultrabooks: The 5-mm by 5-mm QFN package is nearly half the size of discrete amplifiers in TSSOP packages. It simplifies board layout for designers and delivers the highest power output per square millimeter of board space.
- Longer battery life: Up to 92-percent power-efficient Class-D operation, and less than 50-uA quiescent power consumption allows for longer standby battery life compared to discrete amplifiers in larger TSSOP packages.
- Wide supply range: Offers low power rail of 4.5 V, compared to 8 V for integrated amplifiers. Supply range extends to 26 V to support both AC-powered and 2S battery-configured systems.
- Complete audio solution: Combines with the TLV320AIC3254 stereo audio codec with miniDSP, and the TPA6132A2 stereo headphone amplifier to create a high-performance audio solution.
Technical support is available on the Audio Forum in the TI E2E™ Community, where engineers can search for solutions, get help, share knowledge and solve problems with fellow engineers and TI experts.
Availability and pricing
The TPA3131D2 is available today in a 32-pin QFN package for a suggested retail price of US$1.10 in 1,000-unit quantities.
TI analog for consumer electronics
TI's broad range of power management and analog signal chain products offers design engineers the high performance, low power and integration they need to create innovative and differentiated consumer electronics. TI is engineering the future with gesture recognition, touch feedback, energy harvesting, wireless power, audio, health technology and more. Learn how TI analog products improve how we live, work and play at www.ti.com/analogconsumer-pr.
Learn more about TI's audio portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Order samples of the TPA3131D2.
- Purchase the TPA3131D2EVM.
- Download the data sheet for the TPA3131D2.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments
More by this Source
Next-generation power factor correction controller improves energy efficiency
Dec 03, 2013, 12:00 ET
Ultra-low power circuits to enable next wave of energy harvesting design
Nov 19, 2013, 15:12 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.