ROCHESTER, N.Y., Nov. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Eastman Kodak Company (NYSE: EK) has introduced the KODAK Pic Flick App, a new, free Apple iPhone and iPod touch Device that enables consumers to upload pictures to a KODAK W1020 Wireless Digital Frame or print them wirelessly on the KODAK ESP 5250 All-in-One (AiO) WiFi-enabled Printer, which saves consumers an average of $110 a year on ink(1) and offers the lowest total ink replacement cost in the industry.(2)
"Pictures are a way of sharing the unique moments in our lives," said Randy Brody, Vice-President of Marketing Inkjet Systems, Eastman Kodak Company. "The KODAK Pic Flick App provides a fast, easy and fun way to print, display and share within seconds of capturing a moment at home or away from home. Consumers can simply upload pictures to a nearby KODAK W1020 Wireless Digital Frame or send them to the KODAK ESP 5250 AiO Printer using their Apple iPhone or iPod touch."
The KODAK Pic Flick App features include:
- Dual purpose for printing and sharing: Consumers can print pictures on a KODAK ESP 5250 AiO Printer or share them on the wireless KODAK W1020 Wireless Digital Frame directly from their Apple iPhone or iPod touch Device.
- Wirelessly print and share images within your WiFi network range.
- Print photos from 2x3 to 8.5x11 inches on the KODAK ESP 5250 AiO Printer.
"At Kodak, we believe pictures are meant to be shared and are committed to helping people do more with their pictures by providing solutions to make, manage and move images easily and effortlessly," continues Brody. "With the KODAK Pic Flick App, we are helping consumers to print and share moments in the time it takes to make a simple phone call."
The KODAK Pic Flick App is free and is available on the App Store.
To learn more, please visit the official KODAK Pic Flick page www.Kodak.com/go/PicFlick . KODAK Pic Flick App works on Apple iPhone and iPod touch devices using OS version 2.2 and above.
To send a print job or a file to the KODAK ESP 5250 All-in-One Printer or to the KODAK W1020 Wireless Digital Frame, consumers need to ensure that the device(s) are connected to the same LAN/WiFi connection as their iPhone or iPod touch device.
The KODAK ESP 5250 AiO Printer, available since September 2009, is the latest in Kodak's range of AiO consumer printers. Kodak printers, including the KODAK ESP 5250, produce lab-quality, long-lasting photos and documents.
The WiFi-enabled AiO printer retails for $159.99 and features a 2.4" color LCD display panel to easily view and crop images along with built-in memory card compatibility. The wireless KODAK W1020 Wireless Digital Frame can hold up to 4,000 photos and can display and play pictures, video and audio clips. The 10" W1020 retails for $229.95.
As the world's foremost imaging innovator, Kodak helps consumers, businesses, and creative professionals unleash the power of pictures and printing to enrich their lives.
To learn more, visit http://www.kodak.com, and our blogs: 1000words.kodak.com, PluggedIn.kodak.com, and GrowYourBiz.kodak.com.
KODAK and EASYSHARE are trademarks of Eastman Kodak Company.
© Kodak 2009
(1) Results based on average ink costs of leading consumer inkjet printers using average annual print volumes of 150 4x6 in. color photos (printed on KODAK Ultra Premium Paper, glossy finish & highest quality photo papers from other manufacturers), 800 black text pages and 550 mixed color graphic pages using standard cartridges available in single quantity pricing (i.e. no multi-packs, high capacity, combo packs, value packs or special promotions). Actual results may vary. For more information visit www.kodak.com/go/inkdata.
(2) As compared to leading consumer inkjet printers total ink load replacement costs using manufacturers recommended ink cartridges; excludes printers that use only one cartridge. Based on independent third party cartridge pricing survey data obtained September 2009.
SOURCE Eastman Kodak Company