CHICAGO, Sept. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CME Group will host the fifth annual Global Financial Leadership Conference (GFLC) Nov. 12-14, 2012, at the Ritz-Carlton Beach Resort in Naples, Florida. The GFLC is an exclusive event that brings together decision-makers from the world's leading financial institutions to discuss emerging geopolitical trends, debate critical economic issues and provide perspectives on future developments in the financial marketplace.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Impact of geopolitical trends on global financial markets
- High frequency trading and evolving capital market dynamics
- The new global energy landscape
- Effect of the U.S. elections on domestic and international markets
- Potential outcome of current and proposed regulatory policy
Keynote speakers for this year's conference include:
- Sir Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin Group
- Condoleezza Rice, Former U.S. Secretary of State
Additional featured speakers include:
- Madeline Albright, Former U.S. Secretary of State
- James Burkhard, Managing Director, Global Oil Group, HIS CERA
- James Carville, Political Strategist
- Daniel Coleman, CEO, GETCO
- Jeff Jennings, Global Head of Listed Derivatives, Credit Suisse
- Richard Kauffman, Senior Advisor to the U.S. Secretary of Energy
- Ted Koppel, Award-Winning Journalist
- John Lipsky, First Deputy Managing Director, International Monetary Fund
- Edgar Perez, Author, The Speed Traders
- Richie Prager, Global Head of Trading and Capital Markets, Blackrock
- Karl Rove, Former U.S. Deputy Chief of Staff to President George W. Bush
- Jimmy Wales, Founder of Wikipedia and 2012 CME Group Fred Arditti Innovation Award Recipient.
- Jerry Webman, Chief Economist, Oppenheimer Fund
Previous GFLC events have hosted opinion leaders and luminaries such as President Bill Clinton, 42nd President of the United States and founder of The William J. Clinton Foundation; President George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States and Founder of the George W. Bush Foundation; Katie Couric, Award-Winning Journalist and Author; and David Gergen, CNN senior political analyst. Other featured speakers have included Niall Ferguson, Economic Historian, Professor and Author; Cheng Siwei, Chairman, International Finance Forum of Beijing; Paul Tudor Jones, Founder of Tudor Investment Corporation; Michael Lewis, best-selling author of Liar's Poker, Moneyball and The Big Short; Robert Rubin, former U.S. Treasury Secretary; and Daniel Yergin, Pulitzer prize-winning author and authority on international politics, economics and energy.
To follow GFLC coverage during and after the 2012 conference, visit CME Group's online magazine and blog, OpenMarkets, at www.openmarkets.com. To access additional information about the conference as well as previous GFLC video, photo and press highlights, visit the conference website at www.gflc.com.
As the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. CME Group exchanges offer the widest range of global benchmark products across all major asset classes, including futures and options based on interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural commodities, metals, weather and real estate. CME Group brings buyers and sellers together through its CME Globex® electronic trading platform and its trading facilities in New York and Chicago. CME Group also operates CME Clearing, one of the world's leading central counterparty clearing providers, which offers clearing and settlement services across asset classes for exchange-traded contracts and over-the-counter derivatives transactions. These products and services ensure that businesses everywhere can substantially mitigate counterparty credit risk.
CME Group is a trademark of CME Group Inc. The Globe Logo, CME, Globex and Chicago Mercantile Exchange are trademarks of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. CBOT and the Chicago Board of Trade are trademarks of the Board of Trade of the City of Chicago, Inc. NYMEX, New York Mercantile Exchange and ClearPort are registered trademarks of New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc. COMEX is a trademark of Commodity Exchange, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Further information about CME Group (NASDAQ: CME) and its products can be found at www.cmegroup.com.
SOURCE CME Group