NEW YORK, Nov. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- CNET is bringing today's hottest technology to NYC in a hands-on tech showcase. The five-day pop-up event, called "CNET GOTHAM," gives mere mortals the chance to touch, feel and learn about the gadgets that CNET's tech-obsessed editors play with day in and day out. Throughout the week, people can play with gadgets they've only dreamed about, plus attend daily how-to sessions, expert workshops and special events, then walk away knowing exactly what to buy for everyone on their holiday gift list. The event is sponsored by LG, Canon, Dell, Energizer and Adobe.
"At CNET, we love what we do because we get to play with the coolest, most cutting edge technology out there, and we wanted to create an experience where anyone and everyone gets a chance to do the same," said Lindsey Turrentine, Editor-in-Chief, CNET Reviews. "CNET is the #1 place where people go to learn about technology, and we can't wait to meet our audience, live and in-person, and show them the gear that has us drooling this season."
CNET GOTHAM is free and open to the public on Nov. 9-13, 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM, at the Openhouse Gallery in Nolita located at 201 Mulberry Street (at Spring Street). Visitors can go to http://gotham.cnet.com/schedule now to view a complete list of events and times, and to register for special events.
CNET GOTHAM highlights include:
- Meet the Editors: Come hang out with CNET Reviews Editor-in-Chief Lindsey Turrentine, CNET personalities Brian Cooley and Molly Wood, plus the hosts of The 404. A wide range of CNET's editors and category experts will be on hand during the event, where they will be available to chat with visitors and answer questions. The list includes: Jessica Dolcourt (smart phones), Lori Grunin (cameras and camcorders), David Katzmaier (HDTVs), Matthew Moskovciak (home entertainment), and Dan Ackerman and Scott Stein (laptops and tablets).
- Interactive Exhibits: Check out and demo a tricked-out living room, den and cafe to learn how the latest gadgets work in real-world settings.
- Expert Advice: Experts from CNET will be on-hand throughout the event answering people's personal tech questions at the Gift Advice Counter, as well as hosting daily How-to Demos, Buying Guides and Tech Boot Camps that cover everything from online privacy to video game suggestions for parents to finding the best phones, TVs and cameras this season.
- Adobe Photo Tours and On-site Photography: Those aspiring to learn more about digital photography won't want to miss the daily tours around the Nolita neighborhood on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, hosted by the photo experts from Adobe. Tours are followed by a photo-editing presentation. For anyone who wants to personalize their annual greeting cards or update their social media profile pic, Adobe will also host free photo sessions throughout the week.
- Sponsored Displays: LG will let consumers put on glasses and test-drive their 3D TVs; Canon will offer candid photography and photo prints; Dell will demo their new line of XPS laptops; and Energizer will provide a free coffee bar, featuring device recharge stations.
- Cool Mom Tech Meet Up: On Thursday, Nov. 10 at 11:30 AM, join Editor-in-Chief Lindsey Turrentine, Executive Editor Molly Wood and tech-savvy N.Y.-based Cool Mom Tech as they share their top picks for this holiday season.
- Special Tech Deals and Daily Giveaways: CNET Exclusives will offer huge savings from retail price on tech gadgets from Roku streaming players to GelaSkins. There will also be daily giveaways and prizes.
Evening Events (Please RSVP at: http://gotham.cnet.com/schedule)
- CNET Meet & Greet Party: On Thursday, Nov. 10 at 6:30 PM, meet CNET editors and CNET TV hosts, including Molly Wood from Buzz Out Loud, the hosts of The 404, Wilson Tang, Jeff Bakalar and Justin Yu, CNET Reviews Editor-in-Chief Lindsey Turrentine and more.
- Nerd Nite Party and Speed Dating Event: On Friday, Nov. 11 from 7:00 - 9:00 PM, join the NYC Nerd Nite for a speed dating event followed by a pair of "TED-style" talks on dating-related subjects. The evening is hosted by CNET's Bridget Carey.
- Glam Night: On Saturday, Nov. 12 from 6:00 - 8:00 PM, stop by CNET GOTHAM to get your glam on with a free, festive photo shoot.
Follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/cnet) and Twitter (@CNET) using hashtag #CNETGotham.