Colorfront Ships Express Dailies
First customers for Colorfront Express Dailies include Technicolor, Deluxe and Light Iron
BUDAPEST, Hungary, Aug. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Academy Award-winning developer Colorfront (www.colorfront.com) is now shipping Express Dailies, its high-performance on-set dailies system for commercials, motion picture and TV production. Technicolor, Deluxe and Hollywood post facility Light Iron are among the first customers, all making multi-license purchases of Express Dailies.
Express Dailies is built on the leading image-science technology, color grading and management tools that feature in Colorfront's renowned On-Set Dailies system, which is already widely used on major Hollywood features and primetime episodic TV shows.
Express Dailies meets the need for a compact, easy-to-use, high-performance on-set, look creation and data wrangling tool. It combines production-proven tools for file-based dailies work – including playback and sync, QC, color grading, audio and metadata management – with state-of-the-art color and image science.
Highlights include: support for Mac Pro tower and MacBook Pro with Retina Display; a streamlined user interface; 64-bit, realtime RAW support for the very latest digital cinema cameras; faster-than-realtime deliverables, with concurrent encoding to multiple formats; plus extremely fast, checksum-verified, data management and archival tools.
Among the first customers for Colorfront Express Dailes are Deluxe, Technicolor and Hollywood post-production facility Light Iron. Bill Romeo , Executive Vice President of Television for Deluxe recognized Colorfront Express Dailies as a valuable addition "in our arsenal, to support our clients' needs."
Stated Technicolor's Dave Waters , "With Express Dailies, as with our original Global Dailies solution, Technicolor is finding Colorfront to be a great partner as we continue to expand our On Location Services to new markets. The entire Colorfront team's response to our needs and requests has been terrific. Having Colorfront as a partner is allowing us to be more innovative as Technicolor strives to modernize post-production pipeline efficiencies in this new era of file based cameras."
Michael Cioni , CEO of Light Iron, said: "Light Iron is proud to have collaborated with Colorfront's development team in the launch of Express Dailies, which, we believe, is the most robust on-set / near-set processing software on the market. We are excited to add Colorfront's Express Dailies to our fleet of OUTPOST and LILY PAD systems, which together will help accelerate the industry's trend toward on-set and near-set post production services."
KEY FEATURES OF COLORFRONT EXPRESS DAILIES:
- Easy-to-Use – single, standardized on-set or near-set file based workflow regardless of thecamera with a simple drag-and-drop user interface that anyone can use.
- 64-Bit Performance – runs on Mac Pro tower and MacBook Pro with Retina Display using NVidia GPU. Support for AJA Kona3 and Io XT cards deliver realtime HD video playback and high-quality RAW image de-Bayering, including ARRIRAW and F65RAW.
- Extensive Camera Format Support – realtime support for all major RAW formats and the latest digital cinematography cameras from RED, Sony, ARRI, Canon, Phantom, Go Pro , as well as DSLRs.
- Faster-than-realtime Deliverables – delivers sound-sync'd, color graded dailies deliverables faster-than-realtime in all formats required for dailies review, post production and archive, including DNxHD 444 for Avid and all ProRes formats for Final Cut, uncompressed DPX, TIFF, OpenEXR, QT, and H264 for web-based dailies and iPad.
- On-Set Look Creation – compact location-based look creation for on-set looks, exports and manages 3DLuts to external LUT boxes, including BMD HDLink Pro. Express Dailies supports the IIF/ACES workflow, plus Tangent Devices Element control panel.
- QC and Copies – for data management and security of material, Express Dailies creates checksum verified copies to multiple destinations, including LTO5. Includes waveform monitor and histogram analysis tools for QC and integrated PDF QC reporting.
Colorfront's Express Dailies will be presented at IBC 2012, 7 – 11 September, Amsterdam at Sony (#12.A10) in Hall 12, and at AJA (#7.F11) and Tangent (#7.G35) in Hall 7.
About Colorfront: Colorfront, based in Budapest, Hungary, is one of Europe's leading DI and post production facilities. The company was founded by brothers Mark and Aron Jaszberenyi , who together played a pivotal role in the emergence of non-linear DI. The company's R&D team earned an Academy Award for the development of Lustre, Autodesk's DI grading system. Combining this in-depth expertise with a pedigree in the development of additional cutting-edge software, Colorfront offers today's most advanced technologies for scanning and recording, DI grading, conforming, digital dailies, VFX, online and offline editing, cinema sound mixing, mastering and deliverables. For further information please visit www.colorfront.com or www.expressdailies.com.
Media Contact: Aron Jaszberenyi Colorfront, +36303111792, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
More by this Source
Colorfront Showcases Express Dailies 2013
Apr 08, 2013, 07:13 ET
Colorfront Launches On-Set Dailies 2013
Apr 08, 2013, 06:55 ET
Hollywood's Best Choose Colorfront Systems
Apr 08, 2013, 06:40 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.