Combating Swine Flu: HTH Worldwide Offers Tips to Travelers
Over one million American businesspeople, expatriates, students studying abroad and vacationers are already in
- Do your homework. Smart travelers should take time to understand the nature of Swine Flu, including its symptoms and transmission (http://www.hthtravelinsurance.com/extras/swineFlu.cfm ).
- Know the hospital emergency rooms in your destination. This is a step that people rarely take the time to consider, but understanding the local healthcare landscape in a city such as
Mexico Citycan be important, especially in an emergency. HTH has identified reliable emergency rooms throughout Mexicoand in Mexico Cityneighborhoods typically frequented by U.S. visitors. You don't want to rely on the hotel concierge for a recommendation on a good doctor or hospital.
- Understand what medications are needed. Tamiflu(R) or Relenza(R) are the drugs of choice. Tamiflu is not available commercially but has been stockpiled by the government in adequate supplies and is being dispensed via large hospitals. Relenza has been commercially available in
Mexicobut demand may exceed supply.
- Know the language, at least a little bit. In an emergency situation, a language barrier can be tragic. If you don't speak the local language, have a translation tool or resource with you.
- Don't panic. The outbreak of Swine Flu has garnered international media attention. Even though the Centers for Disease Control have advised against non-essential travel to
Mexico, stay informed and keep you perspective - you might not have to cancel that trip just yet.
"Knowledge is the great equalizer; everyone who is traveling to
HTH Worldwide has a global network of more than 5,000 hospitals and English-speaking doctors in 180 countries. This network includes twenty-one hospitals and 84 doctors in
About HTH Worldwide
HTH Worldwide provides health insurance plans and global medical assistance services for business and leisure travelers as well as students abroad. HTH programs are distinguished by a contracted community of over 5,000 hospitals and doctors in 180 countries. HTH combines its health and safety research, advanced Internet and mobile applications, and extensive experience in designing and delivering international health insurance plans to ensure customers' health, safety and peace of mind. HTH was recently named one of North America's fastest growing companies in Deloitte's Technology Fast 500. For more information, visit www.hthworldwide.com.
Contact: John Miller 215.564.3200 x114 email@example.com
SOURCE HTH Worldwide